Normal Topic Lake Washington... (Read 3004 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

Lake Washington...
09/20/04 at 03:54:49
Quote Print Post  
Hey Club, it might seem strange, posting a report prior to a tournament but it feels right.......
Lake Wa. is at around 63 degrees and the perch migration is happnin just not as quick as last year......Some areas are hit and miss but I hoped they would be all huddled up together so the smallies can herd them around like last year but only managed 9-1/2 pounds for a limit today after 5 hours...missed the morning bite so that might be an issue.....found fish in 8-25 feet but very scattered....
Looking forward to Potholes and the Teamer as it is rare we get two weekends in a row!!

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Re: Lake Washington...
Reply #1 - 09/23/04 at 14:38:25
Quote Print Post  
Hit Washington yesterday with Bill B and Jim S.  The water had been down to 60 degrees the day before but warmed up again to 64.  Took out Jim's camera and found that the deeper water, 30' was still 60 to 62 degrees.  Hit my favorite largie spot and it produced two nice largemouth that Jim caught. ( way to go Jim ).  Proceeded to then work for some smallies.  Jim put two more in the boat, Bill put one in and I got 3 keepers in the boat with the best being a 3lb 14 oz smallie.  Like Larry said, the perch are still scattered as well as the smallies.  Pick up one here and there.  Good luck to all at potholes.  I wont be fishing it this year and I will be getting ready for moving into my new house and wedding plans......  But beware Larry and Bill, Daryl and I will be dethrowning you as team tournement champions this year.........

Mark

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 09/23/04 at 20:50:23
Quote Print Post  
BRING IT!

IP Logged

Daryl_S.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 09/23/04 at 21:44:05
Quote Print Post  
I think war has been declared and Team Procraft has been disolved. Good luck. NOT!

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 09/24/04 at 00:35:56
Quote Print Post  
I guess it's gonna be a race to your "favorite largie" spot.  I'm gonna have to tune-up the ol' Panacea to make the speed run to the spot.  I'm gonna check into a nitrous unit...

IP Logged

Bill Brynteson
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 09/25/04 at 23:30:54
Quote Print Post  
Well Said Larry!!!

Kiss

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 10/01/04 at 02:18:21
Quote Print Post  
Believe it or not, I caught several bass in 45 feet last Monday!  Obviously I don't think all the fish are out there yet - (most of mine came in 25-30) but it gives you an idea that the late fall and early winter patterns are beginning.  It won't happen over night - but don't be afraid to fish away from the shallows if things slow up!  I'd put a deep water haunt or two in the game plan as a back up.

I also caught some amazing rogue perch out there on the flats in deep water.  (The 3-way Rig caught em!)   But if you don't want to keep them - get them up fast and back in the water ASAP so they can get back down.

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 10/30/04 at 09:26:30
Quote Print Post  
Any white fish reports?  I'm thinking about taking the little one and his brother out to get some of those mercury or lead infested perch.  That's if I can keep the two year old out of the water...

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 11/06/04 at 02:25:14
Quote Print Post  
Had a blast with the boys catching perch.  Thanks to Larry G and Chuck for helping me get on the bigger ones.  Fish were between 50 and 70' and we caught them on just about everything.  Conner even caught three.

IP Logged

Bill Brynteson
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 11/06/04 at 02:28:24
Quote Print Post  
Sounds like you have a great time.  Always good when you can get the kids involved.

BillB

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo