Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Sawyer or Sammamish? (Read 3661 times)
Rich
Ex Member

Sawyer or Sammamish?
09/06/04 at 17:02:38
Quote Print Post  
Well since I have Tuesday off I am going to go FISHING?

Which Lake would you fish and how would you fish it?

Rich

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: Sawyer or Sammamish?
Reply #1 - 09/07/04 at 03:27:01
Quote Print Post  
I would fish Washington as we have the teamer in oct...but also it has an awesome fall jerk bait bite....I throw the Rapala Husky Jerk (Do'nt know the size but the one with two hooks!) in silver shad color......silver sides and black back
cast it parrallel to docks and twitch it with light jerks down length of the docks...they will freight train it and if not skip a senko for the deeper fish.......Good Luck Rich and lets hear a report will ya!!

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 09/08/04 at 15:09:53
Quote Print Post  
I SHUDDA WENT TO SAWYER  Had a great day on the water at Sammamish.  Got a bunch of dinks and a couple almost a pound.  Had a great day on the water..HEHE

Hey Dipsnort,  when I first got there I was watching a couple guys right out in front of the launch area in about 60 feet of water.  They were trolling for Salmon! GASP.

In about 20min. they let 2 go that were about 25 lbs each.  They were trolling 15 feet deep using dodgers and bare red hooks.  Kinda like the sockeye fishing in Washington.  You should have seen the fish jumping.  WOW.  You could fish that in your tube. Grin  Course it might look like someone tubbin' behind a boat if you get one that big.

Rich

IP Logged

Dipsnort
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 09/08/04 at 15:21:13
Quote Print Post  
Very cool, Rich, but I don't have time for that right now.  I've been fishing for slimers (coho) in the river lately and filling up the freezer.  Grin

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 09/08/04 at 16:44:15
Quote Print Post  
Hey Rich, How deep were you fishing?

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 09/08/04 at 20:22:41
Quote Print Post  
Rob,  I still have a tuff time getting away from the shore.  I try to stay where I can touch the bottom...hhmmmm...that is pretty shallow. Roll Eyes

Anyway I tried beating the docks and shore, mostly dinks.  Then went to a little (about an hour) deeper water with carolina rig.  Not much.  I think different lakes have different areas that are more conducive to different methods and I don't know the areas of Sammamish that are the best for carolina rigs.  I did do some drop shotting but mainly caught perch.  And they were small.

I think I need to get out with someone that knows more about deep water techniques.

Rich

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 09/09/04 at 02:17:20
Quote Print Post  
I have the same problem too.  I have a hard time venturing out past that 20ft section.  Even at that I cast towards the shore, so really I'm fishing in shallower water than what my electronics says.  Hopefully Sarge or Dgarrett can take me out to that lake and show me where they're at. Wink

Dipsnort...where are you catching the silvers?

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 09/09/04 at 15:42:47
Quote Print Post  
I've noticed that I'll catch more dinks and perch up shallow right now..say less than about 13 ft. Sammamish has docks that are built into 20 ft of water. Try keying on the ends of those docks. Also, try to find a secondary point or dropoff that extends to deeper water and try that. The weededge stops in deeper water and is a good place to try also.

Rich it looked like you were fishing this way on Lawrence. That was a good tactic. It will pay off good on those lakes.

IP Logged

Dipsnort
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 09/09/04 at 21:54:13
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
Dipsnort...where are you catching the silvers?

Puyallup River.  Wink

IP Logged

Chad S.
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 09/10/04 at 00:27:36
Quote Print Post  
Hey dipsnort,
I have been to the puyallup 3 times now, and havent caught a coho. I didnt even catch any last year. Whats the secret? i use the same thing everyone else does, and i use shrimp scent.....do my bad body odors just scare the fish off?
chad

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 09/10/04 at 00:51:38
Quote Print Post  
Hey you thread snatchers .  Dipsnort here is your chance to become an Amslimersor.  Take the guy out with you and show him the ropes, or nets, or lines or whatever you use to catch them SLIMMERS.

Rich Grin

IP Logged

Dipsnort
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 09/10/04 at 16:12:22
Quote Print Post  
Yeah, sorry for all the hijacking of your post, Rich, but I can't let questions to unanswered.  Hey, I'm a man of the people.  Wink

The trick, Chad my son, is not in the scent.  The trick is in the setup of your gear, the time, and the location.  I'm pretty new at this, but I've got it figured out now.  Smiley

If you're nice, next time I figure out the right time again, I might let you come along with me.  Grin

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 09/10/04 at 20:39:20
Quote Print Post  
Now you just need to figure out bass......... Grin

IP Logged

Dipsnort
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 09/14/04 at 01:18:56
Quote Print Post  
Ouch - the truth hurts!  Grin

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo