Normal Topic Bad news for a club campground.... (Read 1154 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

Bad news for a club campground....
09/06/04 at 05:00:49
Quote Print Post  
Well....the economy takes its toll again......Silver Shores Resort at Silver Lake is up for sale and if not sold will go to auction on the 15th of October.........we had just started going there last year and it showed lots of promise but they could not hang on. Best of luck to the owners and hopefully new managers if they re-open.

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Re: Bad news for a club campground....
Reply #1 - 09/06/04 at 18:22:51
Quote Print Post  
That's hard to understnd.  I was just there yesterday after fishing Silver Lk, (which btw, was pretty good) and the campground was almost full. ???

Smitty
Wink

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 09/07/04 at 03:21:11
Quote Print Post  
They probable are in probate or something allowing them to keep operating till the sale/auction.....I would assume. I just did a search to update some sites and found there domain name was for sale! and James G. Murphy has them listed on their site already!

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #3 - 09/27/04 at 19:57:54
Quote Print Post  
Yup, they're done.  They filed for bankruptcy and the place is up for auction.  Their website is gone too.

I suppose the residents won't be sad to see them go, however.  That cannon didn't make them the most welcome neighbor.

http://www.murphyauctions.net/silvershores.html

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo