Normal Topic Lake Samamish is Smoking (Read 1554 times)
SMITTY
Ex Member

Lake Samamish is Smoking
08/15/04 at 14:52:03
Quote Print Post  
I spent most of Saturday on Sam and started off at 6:15 by slo-rolling deep water docks on the east side of the lake with a 3/4 oz white spinnerbait.  The LM's went crazy on it for about an hour. Smiley  In all that time I never hit a SM but sevan LM's in the 15-17 inch range.  The bite quickly died as the sun rose and I figured that the fish were starting to bury up in the weeds.  WRONG!! Shocked  They went back under the docks and would only take a 4' Tiki stick in watermelon/redflake.  They would not hit a similar Senko.  Does that tell you anything about the way they flutter & fall? Roll Eyes  At any rate there were SM mixed in with LM's under the docks.  This continued till about noon when everything really slowed down.
Time to breakout the dropshot rig.  On my 2nd favorite rockhump on the west side of the lake a 4lb 5oz SM "SLAMMED" A ROBO WORM at 21 ft. Grin I had seen the fish on my Garmin but since it was in with numdrous other arches, I thought it was a school of big Perch.  WRONG AGAIN!! Shocked  Three more SM in the 2lb range!  They turned off on the Robo but continued to hit a Mustang Bait 4"  knucklehead in black with a blue tip tail.  All in all over 20 GOOD keepers from Sammy
What a day! Cheesy

Smitty
Wink
« Last Edit: 08/16/04 at 03:00:44 by »  

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Re: Lake Samamish is Smoking
Reply #1 - 08/15/04 at 16:31:52
Quote Print Post  
Awesome report, Smitty.  Sounds like a ton 'O fun!

4-foot Tiki Stick... who wudda thunk?  Kinda hard to cast, tho. 

Luv ya, man.   Kiss

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/15/04 at 16:54:26
Quote Print Post  
Hhmmm....I thought he was describing the rod he was using.  Figured that since he had short arms he was using a short rod.  At least that is what I have heard from private sources. (ducking)

Great job Smitty.  I can see the smile from here.  Any day you can report 20 keepers it is a great day.

Rich

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/15/04 at 21:40:44
Quote Print Post  
I already knew the Tiki Stick was a real good bait. They are lighter, and fall slower, than a Senko. Sometimes, that's important. I'm sure Smitty will come back and edit his post, correcting it to 4", just for the nit-pickers.
C&R, Steve

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 08/16/04 at 03:05:55
Quote Print Post  
Four foot or 4 inches, what 's the differance?  Undecided
Well if you must know, Glenn was right it was a 4 inch Tiki.  I mean the fish were nice sized, and my rods &n reels are exclusively Shimano, but even they aren't ready for a four foot bait.  I think something like that would be used off the coast of Austrailia on a winch for Great White Sharks. Tongue

Smitty
Wink

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo