Normal Topic Silver Lake (Read 2228 times)
Nick
Ex Member

Silver Lake
07/09/04 at 20:38:48
Quote Print Post  
Hey guys planning a little trip to silver lake after I get back from Wyoming! Any suggestions on were to fish the lake and how! Or just what kind of lake it may be! For example full of milfoil, lily pads just little clues I can use to help catch more fish out of the lake!

Thanks Guys

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Re: Silver Lake
Reply #1 - 07/09/04 at 20:47:05
Quote Print Post  
There are more lill pads than you could ever imagine. There are several canals and cuts through these pads. The deepest part of the lake is only like 9 ft. The rumor for awhile has been "Bandit" crankbaits. The Senko thing is also good. There are more that know the lake better then I. There are some nice fish. My best time came in the fall. Never fished summer months. It can be a tough lake, but there are some pigs in there.

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/09/04 at 22:26:03
Quote Print Post  
Nick,

Make sure you take your flippin/pitchin stick with you with some jig & pigs as well. Fish the horse shoe just behind streeters, the rock pile in front of goat island in the main lake as well as the canal that runs between it. Spinner baits in black work well there also. Tubes and brush hogs pitched to brush and docks. Hang on to your rod. There is 10lb fish in there.
Russ

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/10/04 at 04:21:46
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for the help guys

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07/11/04 at 00:37:49
Quote Print Post  
Hey Nick, when are you going to Silver?

Rich

IP Logged

Weedwalker
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 07/11/04 at 15:36:24
Quote Print Post  
Hey Nick, If you can get your hands on some 10 1/2 power worms "red shad is a personal fav." rig it on 15+ lb. test, 5/0 weightless. swim it slowly through the pads and such and hold on!!!  Also black n blue jig is hard to beat.
Brian ( The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 07/17/04 at 14:49:30
Quote Print Post  
Hey Rich sorry it took me so long to respond but I think i'm going to try and make a day trip down their after the August 6-7. Some where around their. It really depends on when I get back from shasta. But I'm either going to go their or cambell. It also an issue with money.

Thanks

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo