Normal Topic OK HERE'S THE SCOOP ON LAKE TAPPS FISH-IN!! (Read 3496 times)
Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

OK HERE'S THE SCOOP ON LAKE TAPPS FISH-IN!!
06/10/04 at 00:02:47
Quote Print Post  
We will meet at the north end launch just like the directions in the last months newsletter,
The only change is that we will meet at the gate around 6am instead of 5:30, There is suposed to be someone there to let us in between 6 and 6:30am. and it is free unless you show up after 9am then it will be $7.

I went down there today and tried the launch out very nice easy to get in and out of. it has several new floating docks to tie off at and a nice picnic area, also fairly flat, No big hills to climb up or down like at Goodwin.

Definitely a lake that I have over looked and will be returning to.

I spent 4 hours fishing and caught 3 fish. the biggest was a smallie at 2lbs 4 oz. and was bed fishing for smallies in 66 degree water. I am sure the large mouth are also spawning.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: OK HERE'S THE SCOOP ON LAKE TAPPS FISH-IN!!
Reply #1 - 06/10/04 at 02:58:57
Quote Print Post  
Well, yet another forgotten family day has managed to elude me till today so I will be in Vancouver whilst you all are wackin the fishies so save one for me and good luck to all..............GRRRRRRRRRRR......

IP Logged

champ206
Forum Member

Reply #2 - 06/10/04 at 03:40:07
Quote Print Post  
Jim. Are you sure there are Bass  in Lake Tapps. I keep telling people there are no bass in lake tapps.
John

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/10/04 at 04:52:51
Quote Print Post  
No bass in Lake Tapps.

IP Logged

Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 06/10/04 at 13:30:55
Quote Print Post  
y'all keep telling everyone that, and I will have the lake to myself

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 06/10/04 at 14:09:35
Quote Print Post  
This guy at work was telling me he was there one day. This guy asked him to take a picture of a fish for him. It was like an 8 pound largemouth. Just wanted to give you all something to hope for.

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 06/10/04 at 14:16:47
Quote Print Post  
Jim,  I take it that for us early risers that we are still meeting at Denny's for BREAKFAST!!!  And I guess it is around 4:30 to 5:00 A.M.

You say you caught 3 fish for 4 hours.  You were sight fishing the whole time?  Did you see many fish on beds or were you just fishing the shallows and got the 3 fish?

I like the "no BIG hills" part. Grin

Rich

IP Logged

Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 06/10/04 at 18:01:08
Quote Print Post  
Rich,
The first 2 smallies where in the shallows and to youg to spawn 8-10 inch
But the 3rd was on a bed and fanning it. Caught her twice the second time I had to catch her to get the first hook out that she broke off.

And breakfast will be 4:30-5:00 like you said

I will be sending out an email, so anyone that didn't get it that wants it let me know.

IP Logged

Dave_Jarrell
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 06/10/04 at 19:01:42
Quote Print Post  
If youall dont know there are huge muskies there so if you use a small  wire leader you might catch a muskie.  The water is usually so mirky i dont think it will keep the bass from hitting. Wink

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo