Normal Topic Lake Sammamish (Read 3075 times)
Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Lake Sammamish
05/04/04 at 01:00:37
Quote Print Post  
On Saturday, May 1st, Keri and I took our ambassadee, Ron Knot, out for a day of fishing on Lake Sammamish.

Lake temp was 61, wind - calm, boat traffic - moderate.

We didn't find any fish on beds, but did find a few empty beds here and there.

About 10 bass were caught between the 3 of us, the largest being a 4-10 largemouth.  Most were caught on Frenzy crankbaits with a few falling victim to Slug-Gos and Senkos.

Had a good time getting to know Ron and showing him the lake.  He's a pretty competent angler with thirst to learn more.  All in all, a great day on the lake!

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Re: Lake Sammamish
Reply #1 - 05/17/04 at 18:10:26
Quote Print Post  
Hit Sammamish Sat the 15th. Fished from 0630 till about 1130. Caught my first 2 1/2 on a crank. Got another 2.6 and 2 more 1.5 lbers on a senko. Missed two that struck my jerkbait right at the boat. Broke off a 3-4 lber as a was holding my line with one hand and reaching for the lip with the other. She got a good turn and shot straight down and......wap. Line snapped...Oh well. I also hooked a Canadian Goose...20 lber???. I must have skipped that senko right up her butt or something. Pulled her in and broke the line as close to her as I could. Counting the bird, I had about 30 lbs. Nice stringer!! I left as the rain started.

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/17/04 at 23:16:30
Quote Print Post  
Nice Job Rob,
  Twenty pounder you say..... Undecided  I am sure that it could have easily topped 25lbs.......

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/18/04 at 14:21:25
Quote Print Post  
I'd take your word for it Mark. I have never weighed a goose. My 6 lb line held up good.

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/19/04 at 01:29:24
Quote Print Post  
6lb line, what were you trying to catch with that spider webbing, a little goosling ??? Shocked
Mark

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/24/04 at 14:06:17
Quote Print Post  
I hit Sammamish on Saturday while most wera at the tri-Cities tourny. As I got to the dock around 7am, I was talking to a guy (Brian) from Washington Bass Anglers who showed up late. They were having a tournament and he was waiting for his partner to come back and get him.

Anyhow, They were having weigh in at 3:30, so I decided to see what my best 5 would be and compare it to them. Their winning weight ended up being 13.4lbs. I put my 5 in a Bass Pro Shops Bag and held them from a scale Brian had and it weighed 14.6. I think the bag is a tad heavier than a pound....so???? It would have been close.

Another thing I noticed about their scale when they were weighing in though was that it read 0.5 before the fish were being placed. I am not sure why it wasn't completely zeroed. But that 13.4 bag may have only been 12.9 ???? So I had a good showing for the lone Western Bass guy who was too broke to make the trek to Tri-Cities. Big fish was a little over 5 (largemouth).

All the fish came of spinnerbaits around docks. These fish were active and feeding. I had probably a dozen fished that missed. I boated 8, and lost 2 others at the boat. One didn't measure, and the 2 smallest were culled out. My two biggest were close to 4 lbs. All smallies.

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #6 - 05/25/04 at 02:57:07
Quote Print Post  
Hey Rob,
  Hate to burst your Bubble but you weren't the only WBC anglers on the OLE" POND!  Chris and I went out to Sammamish all day and must have just missed you at weigh in.  Sorry there my man,  You'd of taken second Cry, behind me.  First fish of the day was a 5 lb. 11 oz. LM and 7 others between 2 and 3 pounds.  Had a great time with Chris, even if the rain was hard enough to run the bilge almost full time.  Roll Eyes Have Fun dude, just yankin' your chain a little.  Roll Eyes      RON

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 05/25/04 at 14:42:29
Quote Print Post  
Sweet! That would have won it. SOme of those guys struggled, but I think they were fishing too slow. I didn't catch anything fishing slow. Those fish seemed to me as if they were reaction biting more. I didn't catch a single fish skipping Senkos under docks like I usually do. They wanted some loud I guess. Nice bag.

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 05/25/04 at 16:22:16
Quote Print Post  
It's always cool to see how different people can be on the same body of water and do well with totally different methods. Ron and I (mostly Ron) caught all of our fish on senkos and bitsy bugs, and most of the time we weren't near any docks!

Chris

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 05/26/04 at 18:54:56
Quote Print Post  
You're right, it's kinda strange. Makes you wonder on those days where it seems like you can't buy a strike. Fish are probably there, but not wanting your offering, or they aren't there at all. Some of those other guys caught fish the same way you guys were, but I couldn't. And a few said they couldn't get strikes on spinnerbaits.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo