Normal Topic General Tournament reminders (Read 1170 times)
Rwfaz
Ex Member

General Tournament reminders
04/26/04 at 20:14:28
Quote Print Post  
Thanks to everyone for their help and advice getting me through my first Tournament as TD - I had a good time. The fishing was tough, (a lot tougher for some than for others), the food and company was excellent. A few general points I want to remind everyone about as we head towards the Points Tournaments and the race for AOY begins:

1) for this year, running lights must be "worn" and turned on, from the "Blast-off" until you reach your first fishing spot. If conditions are foggy, or if at any time duting the day the weather makes clear visibility a problem, PLEASE put them on - I would really rather avoid accidents.

2) It would be preferable to have everyone signed up and paid for by the night before the Tournament, I am trying not to slow down the launch process by extending the Drivers' Meeting any longer than necessary.

3) Remember Tournament waters are CLOSED from the time of Day 1 "Weigh-in", until Day 2 "Blast-off"

4) NO WAKE zones are precisely that... " I was coming off-plane" when I hit the markers is really not right... you need to be totally off-plane and at the appropriate speed. We really don't want complaints from local residents, there were a couple of comments at Silver Lake (local residents fishing off the Public launch, commented about Contest boats "racing past them"), but no actual complaints.

5) If you leave the water early, or did not bring in fish to be weighed, or even leave the Tournament early, please either contact me or leave a message with someone to let me know, that way I don't start planning "search-n-rescue" for missing bodies.

I hope this does not sound too officious, but the less of this stuff we have to fuss over, the more fun things should be... even for me!

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: General Tournament reminders
Reply #1 - 04/26/04 at 20:24:48
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Faz.....See, I knew he'd be a good one! Wink

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo