Normal Topic Lake Washington (Read 1989 times)
dgarrett
Ex Member

Lake Washington
04/18/04 at 18:09:06
Quote Print Post  
Howdy folks,

Newbie member here...went out on Lake Washington on Sat with Sarge, prefishing for NW Bass tourney next week. Fishing was slow, caught 3 smallies- 2 about 2 1/2 and one nice 5 pounder... all caught on suspending jerkbaits. Most of the nice fish are still pretty deep, 15-20 feet...although I suspect people were catching them deeper on soft plastics. Water temp was around 53, water clarity was variable, but averaging about 10 feet. Winning weight for the ABA on sat. was over 22 lbs, all smallmouth (wow!), so apparently some people are really slaying them now. As many of you know, washington can be really challenging, so I have a lot to learn...any tips are always appreciated Wink I will say that the smallies in this lake are beautiful, great color, and really fat right now, they have definitely been gorging themselves...Great to be part of the club guys!

Tight Lines,
Danny Garrett

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Re: Lake Washington
Reply #1 - 04/19/04 at 02:57:38
Quote Print Post  
Those were some sweet fish, dude!!! Like Danny said, those fish are about as fat as they can get right now. The bite is still slow, but a week or two should make things more consistent.

Chris

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/30/04 at 15:12:48
Quote Print Post  
Hey club, myself and Bill B. hit Washington Thursday to pre-fish a little (and get a few hours on the boat!) for the Big Bass Blast on the 15th. We got about 10-11 fish all smallies except one the biggest was a 4-9 smally on everything from jerk baits to senkos and even a couple on a spinnerbait.............bad note....here comes the opening of boating season so if you are going this weekend....check your bilge pumps and insurance cuz......
TongueThe Crazies are out again! Tongue

IP Logged

Ryan
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/30/04 at 15:54:23
Quote Print Post  
Larry,

How deep were you fishing?

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/30/04 at 16:40:11
Quote Print Post  
From 3-15 ft and around wood and docks....water got as high as 62 in bays...

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 04/30/04 at 18:08:16
Quote Print Post  
I'll be out there on Saturday. Cheesy

Smitty
Wink

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo