Normal Topic You guys ready for some SoCal Skiiilzzz!? (Read 2328 times)
FlyinFish77
Ex Member

You guys ready for some SoCal Skiiilzzz!?
04/10/04 at 17:36:02
Quote Print Post  
Sharpen your hooks, change your line, and lube your reels cause here I come!

It looks like I may be coming up to WA for the summer.  Almost final.  I hope you guys are ready, cause I've been getting my practice in down here sight fishing the pre-spawn/spawn. 

But anyways, I wanted to ask you guys some questions:

1. Have you heard of "Oakwood Corporate Apartments?" I'm looking at the one located right on Sammamish.  Hows the fishing at Sammamish? Any good shorefishing at all? Rental boats?

2. How far is say Sammamish to the Everett, Renton area, and what's your guys' traffic like?

These are my two main issues, cause this place on Sammamish looks nice, and it would be awesome being walking distance from fishing.  And I really really hope you guys dont have traffic like we do.

Thanks for the info, and I apologize in advance for when i have to humiliate ya'll on your own territory... haha

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Re: You guys ready for some SoCal Skiiilzzz!?
Reply #1 - 04/10/04 at 19:11:47
Quote Print Post  
You must really be one of the richy folks to be able to afford a apartment on Sammamish.  It's an awesome lake.  It doesn't have any boat rentals but does have some limited shore access.  It's about 15 minutes from Renton and a chunk from Everett (depending on traffic) 45mins to 1  hour.  You should have any trouble getting some backseating time.  Go ahead and load up the SouthBend spincast combo and come on down.

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/10/04 at 19:19:36
Quote Print Post  
Is working at Boeing really worth coming up here? C'mon. I mean, really.  Tongue Our traffic probably competes with your traffic. Not as bad, but pretty bad for those of us that have lived up here our whole lives. Renton is 15 minutes if you are lucky, but I would plan on 20-40 being more of the norm if you head out during rush hour. Driving to Everett from Sammamish? ICK.

Anyways, Sammamish is a good lake. It is nice and clear, so you should be able to sight fish for smallmouth... if you have ever seen one of those.  Wink We don't plant trout up here just to feed the bass, so they don't grow quite as big, but they still have the same shape and shadow under water. You would have an excellent time living on Sammamish. It's a nice area. And there's a Fatburger nearby. You'll feel right at home, Ice Cube.

Come to a meeting so we can continue the ribbing!

Chris

IP Logged

FlyinFish77
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/11/04 at 00:15:46
Quote Print Post  
Sarge, Howd you know? Or was that a lucky guess?

Anyway, I aint richy rich, I just compared prices and so far those apts are same price as other suites Ive looked at - cause I need it furnished and all.  Plus having a lake right by your house is priceless, especially when its replacing a freeway!

As for smallies, dont you worry, Ive caught my fair share.  Weve got them in Pyramid lake.  Ive gone up to about 4#, and on 4# test I might add, thank you very much! haha. And trout, I dont fish the stockers anyway, just do some native/wild trout fishing, which amounts to fish that grow to a max of 10 inches.  Not exactly the best rivers in the world here in LA

So sounds good, just gotta make some final considerations, and then Im gonna start grillin you guys on what tackle i need for the trip.  And i ask you, please, lie straight through your teeth and tell me to go out and buy luckycrafts and chronarch SFs and tell me that only people with G Loomises are allowed to fish on WA lakes, and anything else that will convince me to spend some money on some new toys.

tite lines for now, and you can count on my joing the club...

IP Logged

sherryshaffer
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/11/04 at 01:59:49
Quote Print Post  
Welcome FlyinFish77,
I am the Sec of the club...if you would like to join and want to start getting our newsletter via mail prior to coming up, e-mail me your address and I can send you a sign up form to get you going.  My e-mail address is she_who_fishes@comcast.net
I look forward to hearing from you!
Sherry

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 04/11/04 at 03:15:16
Quote Print Post  
Well, it was a lucky guess... but there aren't a lot of reasons anyone would ask about Renton and Everett commute times. There's only one company in both those cities that would cause someone to come up from CA for a job  Grin (oh yeah- and your screen name is flyinfish)

I look forward to meeting you. Anyone who can keep up with the crap flinging this club dishes out is ok in my book.

Chris

IP Logged

FlyinFish77
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 04/12/04 at 05:01:33
Quote Print Post  
Sherry - I will definitely get in contact with you once everything is final

Sarge - good detective work. And um if you think this is crap flinging, you aint seen nothin yet! Ill be in the back seat with birdsnests in 3 of my reels, 2 more in the tree, fish jumping around the boat with the guy up front landing his 100th fish over 10# and Ill still be talkin smack!  Now imagine what Im gonna do WHEN (not if) I out fish you guys....

IP Logged

Rob_Maglio
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 04/12/04 at 18:42:41
Quote Print Post  
I lived in San Diego for the last 4 years. you probably fished a lot of the same lakes I fished when in that area. Maybe Not. The waters aren't restricted as bad in in SO CA. which is nice. Did you fish in any clubs down there? This is a good club to get involved with. There are a lot of boaters, which is good for finding a backseat. The winter can be depressing though compared to that area. Good Luck.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo