Normal Topic Silver Lake (Read 2250 times)
Hawkeye
Ex Member

Silver Lake
04/10/04 at 15:18:44
Quote Print Post  
Hi All,
I just joined the club at the last meeting and I am glad that I did. I am formally from Iowa and did all my Bass fishing on the Mississippi River. Learning to fish these WA. lakes is a new experience for me. I made the trip down to Silver Lake yesterday. I caught two Largemouth Bass. The first one was 2 1/2 lbs & the 2nd was 2 lb. Missed a couple others, didn't set the hook. The action was all in the early morning. The afternoon was real slow. The fish were in shallow water (2-3 feet), and were on wood. I caught the fish on a spinnerbait (chartreuse).

Don Sanger

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: Silver Lake
Reply #1 - 04/10/04 at 15:42:23
Quote Print Post  
Hey Don, nice job! Do you have a green Nitro? saw that boat and a ranger and several Trackers....Me and Mark Maderos made the trek to Silver also on Friday and did really well with 11 fish landed for the biggest a 3.4 dig (3.6lbs i believe) and your right spinnerbaits and small cranks early really helped.
Nice to get out with the ProCraft down and all. Grin

IP Logged

Hawkeye
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/10/04 at 16:16:12
Quote Print Post  
Larry,
Wow!! sounds like you had a great day. The boat I have is a 2004 Stratos. The color is Red with Black & Silver trim.

Don,

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/11/04 at 20:36:54
Quote Print Post  
The bass are hitting buzzbaits on Silver.  My tourny partner John has caught over a dozen Sat. on them.  Virgil better hurry down there so you can really post a green slip with a buzzbait.

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/12/04 at 18:24:43
Quote Print Post  
What have the surface water temps at Silver been running?   ???

Smitty
  Wink

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 04/12/04 at 23:37:41
Quote Print Post  
Their were reports of temps in the low 60's.  I'm guessing that they will drop a bit now though.

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 04/13/04 at 00:21:33
Quote Print Post  
Larry,
 You dawg, I told you not to post what we got them on...... Big secret stuff before the tourney.  Aarrghhhhhh

Mark.

By the way,  Water temps were 55 in the morning warming to 63 to 64 by 2pm....

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo