Normal Topic Have you got it? (Read 1797 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

Have you got it?
04/05/04 at 16:48:05
Quote Print Post  
Have you got what you need for the tournament year?
You might think I am talking about Lures, tackle and such....not the case.
I am taking about general items to make the tournament trip less stressful to maximise your fishing and focus.....
Your Vehicle...
Fuses and bulbs...make sure you have 4-5 extra fuses of all sizes and bulbs of all sizes to keep the Staters from picking you off after you short out something at the launch.

Extra belts and hoses....With todays cars most of us have a single or double sepentine belt and loss of them can cripple a trip especially since it is a day or two wait in Eastern Wash. Combine those with Hoses of several sizes and when the heat hits ya you can hit back and dont forget a bottle or two of coolant!.

Duct Tape....nuff said.
Water...2-5 gallons per trip...not for you.....

Rope.....100-200--ft.. never know when the wind will kick up.....

For the tent folks...maybe a second tent...as a spare example...Roosevelt last year......

Non-stick pans from Safeway of Freddies...they are cheap and last a couple years in the truck! (Keeps ya from getting in trouble taking the cooking stuff from home!)

Rubbermaid makes several varieties of containers for camp supplies and supplies in general if you would like to see how mine is set up or want to look at a camper kit for a pick-up see me at the meeting or give me a call I can drive it over...
p.s....Cooking stuff a must..small propane bar-b-ques are very cheap and you can do all kinds of cooking on them!
Do you have any ideas? lets hear 'em!
Larry.

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Re: Have you got it?
Reply #1 - 04/05/04 at 21:04:15
Quote Print Post  
Nice list, Larry Cheesy

One of your items made me think of something I started doing a few years back. When I had the Tracker, the first season I blew out both tailights on the trailer. Because of that, I started unplugging the trailer lights before I launched the boat. I had the boat three more seasons and never had to change a taillight again.

Yes, it is a little bit of a hassle. But for me it beat the heck out of replacing taillights!

Chris

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/06/04 at 02:24:36
Quote Print Post  
Newer trailer lights are made with the bulbs built into a capsule...not cheap...but pretty impervious to cold water. Old trailer lights can be retrofitted with these, and it's a good idea. I still unplug the trailer from the truck. I have a clothespin on the trailer, that I clip the plug into. Keeps it out of the sand, dust and mud...a clean connector is a good connector. An extra transducer (in the truck is good enough) and a bunch of wire-ties, a bunch of extra drive pins for the TM prop (when they get bent, the prop will vibrate, but when you drop your only one overboard....), and I carry a real flare gun, instead of the cheapies. It goes off when you want, where you want.  Of course, a spare prop and tools for each end of the boat.
C&R, Steve

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/14/04 at 16:29:07
Quote Print Post  
Extra boat keys are essential. I went on a trip once and couldn't find my keys. I had to drive 1 hour and 1/2 to go back to find them at home.

Tools to rewire those lights are good too. Butt joints and stripper pliers make the work easy.

Extension cord. Don't forget that. It can be tough back ing the boat close enough to the source so your charger wire will reach. Had to do that before.

Making a check list to use before every trip is a good idea.

It's also nice to have extras for other members who get in a jam.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo