Normal Topic Good News! (Read 1565 times)
DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Good News!
02/26/04 at 14:04:12
Quote Print Post  
Good news from Florida gang!! Grin  I spent the better part of an hour on the telephone last night with Ed Shinkle.  We were discussing my impending visit to the state and more specificaly, my visit with him and his wife, Betty.
What surprised me was a comment he made.   ShockedHe stated,"I hope you can hurry up and get here as I haven't been fishing in about 2 weeks, and the bass are on the beds in Rodman Pool and the Withalacootche River."  When I inquired as to his health he stated that the "heart problem" was minimal only required an overnight visit to the hospital.  Moreover, the "mass" on his adreenal gland was not as threatning a problem as 1st suspected, and did not require treatment until later this summer. Smiley
He also stated that he was looking forward to visiting the club website and participating on the forums, since he misses WBC very much. 8)
Ed sends his greetings to all and I will most certainly bring some pictures back when I return from Fla.

Smitty
Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Re: Good News!
Reply #1 - 02/26/04 at 14:47:12
Quote Print Post  
That is really great news!

Thank you for passing it on, Smitty...

Have you been practicing your, "Son!"? It sounds like you're gonna need it.

Chris

IP Logged

Bill Brynteson
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 02/26/04 at 16:03:07
Quote Print Post  
Having only been to Florida on one occasion, I will eagerly await your return and the stories of the fishing in that incredible state.  Pass along well wishes from me also Smitty.

BillB

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 02/29/04 at 03:57:19
Quote Print Post  
WHOOOOO    HOOOOOOOO!! Great to hear!! Grin Grin

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #4 - 02/29/04 at 04:35:09
Quote Print Post  
Great news!  Thanks for letting us know.

You'll have a blast fishing in Florida.  Keri and I sure did - and they weren't on the beds yet!

Enjoy

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo