Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) FISHING KIDS EVENTS (Read 5089 times)
virgilw
Ex Member

FISHING KIDS EVENTS
03/02/04 at 18:17:10
Quote Print Post  
Grin yuuupeeeers it's that time of year again.
   FISHING Kids is having their 1st. planning meeting for the year. If you would like to help in the planning of the events please come to the meeting.
   Monday the 8th, 5pm at the Renton community center.

Ps let me know if interested as well

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Re: FISHING KIDS EVENTS
Reply #1 - 03/04/04 at 15:57:57
Quote Print Post  
??? anybody Undecided

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 03/04/04 at 17:13:55
Quote Print Post  
Yo....Yao...I guess I will be there.  Give me some directions, Master! Roll Eyes

Rich

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #3 - 03/04/04 at 21:35:16
Quote Print Post  
Would like to go, but have a prior engagement.

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 03/05/04 at 00:56:04
Quote Print Post  
Glenn your not engauged anymore....your married member?   foot loose and fan.....oh I get it, I remember, this is where I shut up right? 
   Anybody else? I have never been to one of these meeting where we had to many volunteers!
Rich, 167 to 405 north, first exit, take a right at the end of ramp, turn right into City of Renton comm center, ask where were meeting.....Bobs your uncle, (does that age me?)

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 03/09/04 at 01:44:19
Quote Print Post  
VW,  I was in Renton.  Where were you?  Couldn't find the place.  I even stopped at 2 gas stations and they didn't know.  Sorry about that.  But will still help when and where I can.

Rich

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 03/09/04 at 02:17:30
Quote Print Post  
Renton Community Center is in the SE quadrant of Hwy. 405 and Maple Valley Hwy (169?). The signs probably say CARCO Theater, also. No, I don't know what CARCO means. Might come from PACCAR, dunno. It's where I go to get my Annual Coulon Launch Permit for only $30.  Shocked 
C&R, Steve

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 03/09/04 at 15:13:01
Quote Print Post  
Steve,  Now you tell me.  I was there.  In fact I stopped at the gas station right near there and they didn't know a thing about a Renton Community Center.  They sent me down into Renton city center by the Station.

Oh well, Rich

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #8 - 03/17/04 at 03:44:45
Quote Print Post  
According the U.S. Fish & Wildlife service, fishing license sales in 2002 fell 2 % from the previous year. The third straight year in a row.  It fell 7% in Washington state. (Source - American Sportfishing Association)

Need any more reasons to get kids involved in the sport?

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 03/17/04 at 04:06:55
Quote Print Post  
Maybe the problem Glenn, is that there is not enough enforcement officers out there checking for licences that people have become conditioned to not get one in the first place?? when was the last time you saw or were asked anything by an enforcement officer....I have been out at least 100+ days a year for the last 7 years and can still count on fingers and toes how many officers I have seen..........CAN-O-WORMS!

p.s.....no comment on how many toes.......hav'nt seen 'em in a while! Tongue

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #10 - 03/17/04 at 04:37:40
Quote Print Post  
Not a bad assessment, Larry.  However, expenditures on fishing-related gear and recreation has also decreased.  If people were just foregoing the license, yet still fishing (and I'm sure there are those that do), the industry wouldn't be seeing a decline in sales.  In fact, they may have even seen an increase.

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 03/17/04 at 15:33:09
Quote Print Post  
Here's an interesting link if anyone is interested in analyzing Washington State license sales:

https://fortress.wa.gov/dfw/wildreports/wildinternet/index.jsp

Check it out!
Chris

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 03/18/04 at 04:31:12
Quote Print Post  
But Glenn...they are just buying the cheaper Bass Stuff and not the expensive Slimer stuff!!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo