Normal Topic February Freeze-in results (Read 2062 times)
Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

February Freeze-in results
02/01/04 at 01:42:53
Quote Print Post  
Well we (Rich L., Faz, Team Ranger (Glenn & Kari), Virgil Bill B., Mark M., Larry S. and Sherry and Myself) meet at Lil Jon's resturant in Factoria and had breakfast. At around 7:30 we met at the Mercer Is. Launch. The weather was calm and cool but at that point it was dry. we met Chuck B. (The Rev) on the water and headed out till noonish. Most of us got skunked, except for a couple of us.  Mark M. took big fish and the Rev came in 2nd place for big fish. Larry G., Smitty and Virgil made a guest appearance for the potluck which went well, but people wern't expecting the turn out that we had and we ended up short of food.

All in All I think everyone got cold but had fun and enjoyed the fellowship,

Thank you all for your donations, which put me that much closer to paying off the new BBQ

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Re: February Freeze-in results
Reply #1 - 02/01/04 at 01:59:44
Quote Print Post  
Enjoyed the food and commraderie.  Yes, it was cold and wet, but I didn't notice.

Bill -- Keri and I enjoyed having you on our boat.  That was the first time since the aluminum boat days!

Great job, Jim & Sherry!  Looking forward to the next one!

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 02/01/04 at 23:19:36
Quote Print Post  
Just so you guys know, the fishing got better after you most of you left!  Before lunch I had picked those 3 small fish (up to 2#8oz), none of which could help me with the big fish kitty!  No sooner had I got back on the water than I hit a 3#2, and 3#14, and a beautiful 5#2oz - all within an hour.  Then the rain came!!! And came!!! And Came!!!  So I went home drowned but happy!   Grin

IP Logged

BillBrynteson
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 02/02/04 at 02:55:10
Quote Print Post  
Way to go Chuck, that makes sense that the fish would perk up as the day went along, too bad the rest of us could only squeeze the morning.

Thanks for the good time on the Nimitz Glen, I love that new song that Keri taught me...I will be sure to sing it often the next time we are out  Grin Grin

BillB

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 02/02/04 at 03:11:27
Quote Print Post  
Darn, Darn, Darn,  now the Nimitz has singing and dancing to go with the tv and microwave.  I NEED A BIGGER BOAT!!!

Rich

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo