Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Curious?? (Read 3878 times)
Coyote
Ex Member

Curious??
12/30/03 at 22:43:41
Quote Print Post  
Been browsing this website for awhile and have enjoyed the topics.
I'm thinking about joining the club and was wondering if Bass Boats are required??? I have a Jet boat and have been an avid Salmon and Steelhead fisherman all my life.  But I think I can beat that Mr. Holmes on Lake Washington! (Gotcha Kirk)
All replies welcomed.

Tightlines
Coyote

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Re: Curious??
Reply #1 - 12/31/03 at 00:11:32
Quote Print Post  
Bass Boats are definitely not a requirement - a lot of us have spent time backseating and sharing the costs of boating with those who do have boats.

From a Tournament point-of-view, as long as your boat meets the safety requirements re HP limits, Livewells, PFD's throwable flotation, kill switches, flares etc, then there is no problem.

Welcome to Western Bass Club, come and join us, we have a really good looking Tournament year coming up in 2004.

Faz

IP Logged

GotSix, Jr.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/31/03 at 00:29:35
Quote Print Post  
Hi Coyote,

I hope you get a chance to come check out the club sometime Smiley We might be a bunch of rabid bass anglers with sparkle-boats (for the most part), but your boat would fit in just fine. And like Faz said, there are always people to backseat with.

I know you can beat Mr. Holmes on Lake Washington! How do I know this? Because he isn't man enough to fish on the west side anymore!!! If the lake doesn't have a canyon wall, sand dune, or tumbleweed nearby, he is dead lost! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Love ya, Kirk. Roll Eyes Grin

Chris

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #3 - 12/31/03 at 00:30:39
Quote Print Post  
Bass Boats are definitely NOT required!  As Faz stated, there are a few things your boat must have, but you probably have all that anyway 'cuz most are safety items.  The only thing you may have to get is a livewell (there's several permanent and portable options available).

You don't need a fancy, fast boat either.  There's been plenty of times the person with the slowest boat has won tournaments.

Basically what we're saying is - come on in!  However you float, or don't float, isn't a problem!!   Grin

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 12/31/03 at 19:52:12
Quote Print Post  
Ah, seems the hot stove league is firing up again this winter.  It would be great having the Coyote around this year.  Great addition to the Club, and a damn fine angler to boot.  I know he can throw a worm and spinnerbug.  He is not as green as he appears on his post.  A man after my own taste:)!!!  BTW Chris, I am proud to enjoy the tumbleweeds, rock canyons, and sand dunes much more than cranky property owners who think that they own the entire public water ways.  Not wearing kevlar allows for a more enjoyable fishing experience!!!!
Kirk

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 12/31/03 at 19:57:03
Quote Print Post  
Coyote? gotta first name?
   nuttin wrong with slimmers every now and than, fishin is fishin, we all get our priorities right sooner or later!
   No, I just had a lk. wa cut- for supper last night. Not bad either.
   Thanks for checking us out, and you owe it to your self to come meet us, so keep in touch.V-DUB-YA

ps. Maybe you can get me back up to speed with steel heading in the winter.

IP Logged

Coyote
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 12/31/03 at 21:17:12
Quote Print Post  
Sure do...  John.  Thats funny that word has arisen again, "Slimmer". I met a lady this past summer that told me about your club, the first thing outa her mouth was, "Your a slimmer!" LOL...
Anyways looking forward to joining the club and meeting everybody.  Never no, this slimmer might beable to give you "Rabid Bass Anglers" a run for your money Grin

John
P.S. Anytime for that steelheading trip, I go every weekend!

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 12/31/03 at 23:22:43
Quote Print Post  
Ooops, the term is "Slimer" as in the fact that Trout are a lot more Slimy than our beloved Bass.....

Hope to see you at our next club meeting in January, John....all the best for the new year.

Faz

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 01/01/04 at 01:06:15
Quote Print Post  
Ok slimer fisherman, (John) looks like you can take it... you'll fit right in!
   About your boat...it's a boat! therefore you float! that puts you ahead of the game when it comes to fishing. lots of us don't.
   I would like to join you some weekend. Whats runnin?

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 01/01/04 at 04:01:09
Quote Print Post  
OH MY BACK, MY BACK

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 01/05/04 at 04:13:25
Quote Print Post  
As the guys have pointed out - no boat required.  And any boat accepted.  Although the guys with the fancy fiberglass boats are proud of them (let's face it - they're nice) the fact is boats don't catch fish.  Too many of us who have been in the club for awhile have seen backseaters and folks in aluminum boats kick butt at the tourneys!  Flat bottom, V-hulled, wood, aluminum, or fiverglass - if they can get you on the water - you're in like Flint!  Anglers not boats catch fish.  And while we tease alot about trout fishermen, you have all the skills needed to adjust to a new species - even a superior species like bass!  Come to the next meeting, we've got a good speaker coming and a great group of guys!

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 02/21/04 at 06:09:57
Quote Print Post  
Coyote, you still out there??
   Didn't see you at the meeting checking us out last night.
   Still steelheadind? Call me 253-854-8911

IP Logged

Coyote
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 03/09/04 at 16:56:31
Quote Print Post  
Virgil

Yup still out here!  I'm in the process of rigging my new boat! Grin  I had to upgrade to an alumaweld 20' SuperVee with a 200 Mercury and the new T8 yamaha with eletric start and tilt!  She is a bueaty!!  Were chasing Springers on the Columbia this weekend, nailed a 15 pounder Sunday!  I'll give you a holler.

Coyote

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 03/09/04 at 19:16:08
Quote Print Post  
Cheesy253-854-8911

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo