Normal Topic Aqua-vu vs. Atlantis (Read 2487 times)
Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Aqua-vu vs. Atlantis
12/28/03 at 18:50:46
Quote Print Post  
I am currently shopping around and have noticed a lot of places have quit carring Aqua-vu and are now carring Alantis what s the differance? which one is better and will give the best features. I.E. temp depth camera direction ect.
I see that Atlantis has a color camera now has anyone delt with it or herd of anyone who has?

I am not worried about price I just want the best camera for our waters.

The more expesive it is the longer it will take me to save up, but I would rather wait and get the best camera then get one that I will not be happy with now.

Jim

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: Aqua-vu vs. Atlantis
Reply #1 - 12/28/03 at 19:05:55
Quote Print Post  
Not having one either...I would not hesitate to buy a Aqua Vue as they are Proven both with members of this club and all over the nation....check some other message boards and I think you will see the same thing. My 2cents....

IP Logged

GotSix, Jr.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/28/03 at 19:27:53
Quote Print Post  
Hi Jim,

I haven't used the Atlantis before, but I can tell you that Aqua-Vu is very good, and they have made some improvements over the years that make a nice product.

I would stay away from any type of color camera. They work "ok" out in the salt or in a very clear lake, but once you use the camera on a lake with a lot of plankton, turbid water, etc. you will lose clarity. Black and white offers better contrast between objects and will not bleach out like color will. Remember that the deeper you go beneath the water's surface, the more color wavelengths are filtered out. At times, you may not see anything but a one-color tint on a color camera.

If possible, take out both types of cameras and see which one you like best...

Chris

P.S. get the longest camera cord you can! 60 feet is usually not enough!!!

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 12/29/03 at 13:49:56
Quote Print Post  
I have an Aqua-View and I can tell you without reservations, they are great!  Once you get the hang of using them, ( about 4 hours use for me Tongue ) they can provide an untold wealth of information about the area you are fishing. Smiley
For example; In the east channel there is a certain elongated hump north of the I-90 bridge I frequent that is about 25 Ft. deep.  Sometimes it produces fish, sometimes not.  Once I put the camera down and spent a good half-hour looking it over, I realized it was rocky on one end and sand on the other.  Now I only fish the rocky end of the hump.  As a result, I don't waste nearly the time working the non-productive areas of the hump. 8)
I do wish I had the temp gage on mine, but otherwise I'm very satisfied with Aqua-View.

Smitty
Wink

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 12/29/03 at 14:55:27
Quote Print Post  
Jim, the Sportsman Show is coming up.  I haven't been to one in many years but that might be a good place to look for info and comparisons of cameras.

Rich

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 12/29/03 at 18:17:13
Quote Print Post  
Rich is correct Jim.  
We will have Aqua-View available for viewing and demonstrations in the Shimano/Owner Hooks booth. Grin

Smitty
Wink

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 12/31/03 at 20:38:12
Quote Print Post  
Undecided4 hours Jim?
Once you got it out of the bathtub with the sunkin rubber duckies how much longer did it take once on the lake?

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo