Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Night Fishing When? (Read 3971 times)
Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Night Fishing When?
11/19/03 at 14:37:29
Quote Print Post  
Ok Lets here it,
I have gotten some good responses on where you like to fish and when.
How about what lakes do you night fish, when and why?

I can't say that I have had lots of luck night fishing, So my 2 cents would have to be Lk Washington in August. That was my First Fish-in and the Rev. put me on to a nice smallie. Will my first smallie so it doesn't matter how big it was, it was nice.

IP Logged

Varmint
Ex Member

Re: Night Fishing When?
Reply #1 - 11/19/03 at 18:53:48
Quote Print Post  
Washington, August - perfect choice

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 11/20/03 at 03:03:20
Quote Print Post  
Well, it might be risky for some folk.......I would like....Silver Lake in July and August. Also Washington in August.

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 11/20/03 at 15:06:46
Quote Print Post  
Larry, why do you say "risky"?  Because of hazards in the lake or the drive back?  Or did you think that VW might be there in shorts? 

Jeez,  all night at Silver Lake with Virgil.  I think I would rather have someone give me a Procraft... Wink

Rich

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 11/21/03 at 17:08:20
Quote Print Post  
I meant with all the obstructions the chances for an impact is greatly increased.....this club cannot even in clear weather in DAYLIGHT seem to leave Silver Lake without hitting something! Shocked Shocked Tongue

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Reply #5 - 11/22/03 at 23:55:59
Quote Print Post  
I have had great success on Sawyer.  I know this year we were there and some nice fish were caught.

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 12/26/03 at 07:13:50
Quote Print Post  
I really like to fish Sawyer at night on the full moon in July or August. I just throw a white spinnerbait, Jimmy Huston-style (chunk and wind). Alternate might be an internally weighted (McCoy's Gitzit Rattle) tube bait.  I want something that makes noise, but not a whole lot. A willow leaf with small Colorado blade is all you need. White? It's so I can see it. The fish find it just fine. I want something that's snag proof and will go through the weeds well. Watch out for nitwits swimming across the lake in the dark. I like to launch just before dark and leave the lake about 1am. I have not found much fish activity after midnight.  

C&R, Steve

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 12/27/03 at 03:22:23
Quote Print Post  
ShockedJim?......wasn't that your last smallie? Kiss

IP Logged

Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 12/27/03 at 20:01:40
Quote Print Post  
Hey I have caught one since then Embarrassed Tongue Lips Sealed Undecided

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 04/15/04 at 14:30:05
Quote Print Post  
So what are we planning? A night fish-in? That would be cool. Would we eat before or after? Would the lake we choose have a problem with us being there late? I guess this would be things I would consider. i have never fished a lake arounf here at night, so I can't give my opinion.

IP Logged

Bill Brynteson
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 04/15/04 at 16:29:28
Quote Print Post  
I fished Sawyer last summer with Virgil and using a black spinnerbait with colorado blades.  Throw into the bank and slow rolled it back,  the fish just hammered it, it was a blast.

Washington would be my second choice, have always caught fish, just never the numbers I experienced at Sawyer at night.

BillB

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #11 - 04/15/04 at 16:37:42
Quote Print Post  
Guys - Jim has posted the Fish-In calendar/locations under the "Fish-In" forum, and I have added them to the website calendar as well.  The night fish-in is included in this info.

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 04/15/04 at 18:31:19
Quote Print Post  
One thing about Lake Washington...

If the sockeye season is open this year into August, then the lake is traditionally closed at night during that time. Not a particularly good rule... mainly geared toward slowing down poachers, I guess. If they're going to poach the rule probably won't slow them down.

Anyways, just another thing to consider.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo