Normal Topic Welcome to Bass Fishing............. (Read 1418 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

Welcome to Bass Fishing.............
11/16/03 at 13:40:44
Quote Print Post  
Hey folks, hope you got out before the rain and wind this week as myself, Virgil and Mark Maderos did on Sawyer Saturday.
We hit the launch and were met by two guys in a boat they had just bought the day before and when we weard they had not caught anything we quickly set them up with what has been working for us on Sawyer and anywhere these days the Dropshot and prodded them to go back out......oh before I forget they're names are Curtis and Cole, brothers who come from the great white north and fish for those toothy critters...Pike and Muskies.
After launching we went to the humps outside the launch to the right and began our search, we placed marker bouy's and virgil kept up with the coaching and after about two hours Cole had a fish on, but for his first Sawyer Smally it was a good one tipping the scales at 4lbs 5 ounces and just to make sure we did not look bad I got one at 3lbs 5ounces.....by the look on the brothers faces I think we have two converts to the world of Bass Fishing and as they say "Welcome Aboard" Curtis and Cole!

IP Logged

BillBrynteson
Ex Member

Re: Welcome to Bass Fishing.............
Reply #1 - 11/16/03 at 14:06:33
Quote Print Post  
Mortimer??? ???  report!!!

Were both fish caught off the humps?

Sounds like you have a good time, any other fish like a perch maybe?

BillB

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: Welcome to Bass Fishing.............
Reply #2 - 11/16/03 at 14:20:57
Quote Print Post  
I warned all that the catching of Mortimer would attract severe reprisal. As a matter of fact....and Virgil can attest to this...I was just explaining to the Brothers the story of Mortimer and was cut off by Cole catching his fish! See, just the mention of his name brings fish!........Oh MORTIMER.....SOMEDAY WE SHALL FIGHT AGAIN....AGAIN....again......ag....

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo