Normal Topic Lake Goodwin (Read 1128 times)
Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Lake Goodwin
11/10/03 at 03:56:46
Quote Print Post  
Faz & I hit Goodwin today.  Nice sunny day, no wind, and NO WATER SKIIERS!!!  Matter-of-fact, there weren't any bass boats either.  Except for the float plane that landed and came over to chat with us, there was no boat traffic at all.  Boy, I sure do like cool-weather fishin'.   Grin

Water temp started out at 47 degrees in the morning, topping out at 50 by 1:00.

We broke out our dropshot rigs and set to work.  By day's end, the body count was 10 perch, 1 trout, and 1 smallmouth.  Not bad for November (my first November smallie EVER!)

We took advantage of the empty lake and spent some time graphing the bottom - and found a few new ridges and humps in deep water.  Overall, a very pleasant day with great company!

IP Logged

keystone
Ex Member

Re: Lake Goodwin
Reply #1 - 11/11/03 at 08:11:01
Quote Print Post  
About the water skiiers.  I was on Lake Goodwin this year and had a water skiier run right over my marker buoy.  Then I was on Lake Stevens, two boats on the whole lake ( me and him ) he buzzed me three times, so I moved to the no wake zone.  About ten minutes later he buzzed me in the no wake zone.  It makes you wonder.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo