Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Perch Jerkin anyone? (Read 5451 times)
pays2no
Ex Member

Perch Jerkin anyone?
10/23/03 at 19:55:03
Quote Print Post  
I am going to Lake Washington this Saturday around 12:00 or so to do a little "Perch Jerkin" if anyone is interested.   It suppose to be quite Foggy early so I think conditions should be a lot better later in the day.

Bob

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Re: Perch Jerkin anyone?
Reply #1 - 10/23/03 at 22:01:28
Quote Print Post  
BOB,

I WENT OUT LAST SUNDAY AND ONLY CAUGHT A FEW 10". HAD A HARD TIME FINDING ANY QUANTITY OR SIZE. TRY THE SANDPOINT AREA OR THE KENMORE AREA.
IF I CAN GO I WILL GIVE YOU A CALL.
RUSS

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 10/23/03 at 23:52:22
Quote Print Post  
If there's a spare seat, I'm always game for a bit of a jerk!!!

Faz

IP Logged

BillBrynteson
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 10/24/03 at 01:34:55
Quote Print Post  
Hey Bob

Larry, Mark & I were on Washington last Thursday in the East Channel trying to mimic the 25 lb bag  (no luck)

So we went to looking for some perch and found a slow but consistent bite in 30 to 45 feet on dropshot gear.
Most of the perch were of average size (8 to 10")  with Mark getting one that was about a pound. 

The heavy wind that day kept us from searching around for more fish, but we did manage about 25 or so.  With Larry and Mark catching the bulk of them.  I was able to find one Smallie in about 45 feet of water much to our surprise.   If you are persistent you should do well.

BillB

IP Logged

pays2no
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 10/24/03 at 12:39:41
Quote Print Post  
Faz-
Give me a call tonight and we'll discuss were to meet....your in!

Russ- 
If you can make it also, give me a shout.  You can jump on my boat or maybe someone else would like to go from the club and we can have a "perch party" on the water.

Bill- Thanks for the info and encouragement.  I am hoping the wind will treat us a little better than it treated you guys last Thursday.

Bob

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 10/24/03 at 16:54:14
Quote Print Post  
Do'nt forget there is a Husky football game at around noon and it is a biggie against USC so it will be a rough ride with the big cruisers!! Just a thought....

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 10/24/03 at 17:18:04
Quote Print Post  
No problem..... Bob has that really cool Champion, I'm not scared  Tongue

IP Logged

pays2no
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 10/24/03 at 20:29:19
Quote Print Post  
Larry-
Thanks for the reminder.  I am going to put in at the slough towards Kenmore so I should miss all the rocking and rolling.   I know of some nice areas up there that have always held much more quality size perch. 

Faz- You can meet me at the launch area if you want.  Do you know the area I am talking about? 

If anybody else is around please join us- it should be fun.

Russ- What up?  I haven't heard anything from you.

Bob

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 10/24/03 at 23:03:14
Quote Print Post  
Yes Bob, I know the launch well, it's a great place to launch eraly and get out early, but it gets real packed at times and I've had to wait upwards of an hour to get out. I have your number and will call you this evening.

Faz

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #9 - 10/24/03 at 23:53:12
Quote Print Post  
No need to worry about that this time of year Faz.  We were unfortunate enough to hit it on a hot summer day when all the jet skiers and waterskiers jammed the launch.

Champions are cool, man.  You're gonna have fun no matter what!

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 10/26/03 at 16:53:17
Quote Print Post  
went out on Friday to try some new smallie spots for this time of year. No luck but did run into a nice school of perch in the west channel.  Continued up until the 520 bridge and ran into a HUGE school of perch in 40 ft of water, but they were running small.  Down the the east channel to the meydenbuauer point area and hit another huge school in 55ft water.  Perch every cast.  Good quality, put 20 in the Cobra for a fish fry on Saturday at work.  Yum..... I am headed out on Monday with some friends from work to perch jerk.  I am going to be in the east channel if anyone is around.
Mark

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 10/26/03 at 17:45:24
Quote Print Post  
Well, Bob Payseno and I hit the water in his HUGE Champion just about 1pm Saturday and ran to a spot where I have caught several 1lb+ Perch in the past. While we didn't get any that big, we put 25 decent Perch in the boat and threw back at least that many. Bob outfished me almost 2 to 1 on his Crappie rig, with a handful of doubles! We got two nice Jumbo Perch that were probably close to 1lb - all in 50ft.

We moved to another spot and started in about 25ft where Bob caught a nice potbellied 2lb+ Smallie on a Carolina rigged lizard, and when we moved again I managed to get a 2lb 8oz Smallie on a splitshot 5" Senko (Black and Blue Laminate) in about 30ft of water.

Considering we only fished half a day, I think we did pretty well, and I had a great time fishing with Bob, thanks Bob!!

Faz

IP Logged

pays2no
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 10/27/03 at 20:50:26
Quote Print Post  
Faz-

I would like to thank you also for a "Most Excellent Fishing Adventure". You said you had a good perch spot for us and you delivered.  It also didn't hurt having stable sunny weather either did it?

I look forward to fishing again with you soon...it was a lot of fun even though it was painful hearing  Bob Rondo ( U of W- radio announcer ) keep saying "Touchdown USC".    I am now really sorry I checked the score on the radio while we were out fishing.  Ohhh the pain of it all!

Bob

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 10/28/03 at 00:15:50
Quote Print Post  
BOB,
FAZ AND I SACKED THEM ON SUNDAY. CAUGHT OVER 80 8-12" PERCH IN 35-40 FEET. FAZ EVEN CAUGHT ONE OVER A 1LB. WHAT A BLAST FAZ LETS DO IT AGAIN AND CATCH A 100 +++ LIKE WE CAUGHT LAST YEAR.
RUSS

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 10/28/03 at 02:20:20
Quote Print Post  
Anytime Russ, Bob - I had a really great time this weekend. The truck is semi-permanently packed and ready to roll at a moment's notice.

Faz

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo