Normal Topic Lake Washington "Teamer" (Read 3441 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

Lake Washington "Teamer"
09/25/03 at 04:35:36
Quote Print Post  
Back home! this is the last tournament for the year and time for someone to step into the limelight and make their presence known and to give us something to talk about in the cold months!
Saturday and Sunday the 4th and 5th
06:30 at the East Mercer Launch for the drivers meeting and remember their is a launch fee of I think 5-7 dollars so get your teams together and pre-fishing will have to be done by Sunday the 27th of Sept.
Weather is looking OK so far but we are really due for some nasties as we have been lucky so far.
Rain gear at the ready! Will post more as it gets closer. Larry.

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Re: Lake Washington "Teamer"
Reply #1 - 09/29/03 at 20:42:21
Quote Print Post  
Larry, it is getting closer to the Lake Washington tourney.  Are we going to have the usual pot luck Saturday?

Rich

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 10/01/03 at 02:41:24
Quote Print Post  
Since this is a "Homer" as in a local tourney, we do not have one scheduled. If folks want to set something up there is little time unless it involves going to a restaurant and taking the place over.

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 10/01/03 at 20:25:49
Quote Print Post  
O.K. Everyone for themselves...  Darn, was hoping that Faz would bring more spring rolls(good stuff Maynard) Cry

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Where's Glenn & Keri?
Reply #4 - 10/05/03 at 21:08:24
Quote Print Post  
Sorry for not showing up today.  I woke up with a terrible migrain so we didn't go.

Congrats to the winners.  I certainly hope somebody posts what they were doing to catch those fine fish they brought in!

IP Logged

GotSix, Jr.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 10/06/03 at 22:00:57
Quote Print Post  
Well, Glenn, it was an exciting tournament, and a heck of a way to end the year. I think it was the most interesting team tournament in memory!

2003 will be known as, "The Year of the Sullivan Sandwich". The team of Bill Brynteson and Larry Sullivan stacked up two very FAT limits to run away with the tournament, weighing over 30 pounds. You need binoculars to see everyone below those two, thus topping off Larry's romp in April at Duck Lake.

They described their pattern as point fishing with dropshot rigs. The key was to find perch schools and fish around those... I'll let them fill in the details! One of those points they fished produced a HUGE 5-1 smallie, caught by Bill (Big fish of the tourney).

Terry Steffensen and I finished a distant second with 18 pounds 7 ounces (I think). We were performing junk fishing at its finest by fishing any spot we ever caught a fish at in Lake Washington. Most of our keepers came from the Hurt Locker, but we also caught our larger fish in the main lake. Most fish came on dropshot or splitshot rigs in 10-25 feet of water. Terry really turned on the afterburners day two as he caught our last three keepers in the last hour (including a 3-14 smallie). We would like to thank our prostaff at Team Fat Max for providing the finest tournament rulers on the market.

Lyle Logston and Brian Walker finished in third place with around 16 pounds (is that correct?).

That's all for now!!!

Chris

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Reply #6 - 10/06/03 at 22:30:11
Quote Print Post  
Chris, you got the gist of it.   Somebody stop the bleeding that Larry and Bill caused Cry.  I can't believe, however, that you gave up "The Hurtlocker."  I thought we weren't going to tell anyone ???  So much for next year, everyone will be there now.  Terry

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 10/06/03 at 22:59:38
Quote Print Post  
Well even though this is'nt the "Reports" section it will work....Here are the stats for the Teamer.
1st.
...Larry Sullivan and Bill Brynteson...30 lbs6 oz. for 12 Smallmouth. Bill with a 5.1 smally as big fish of the event.
2nd.
....Terry Steffensen and Chris Sargeant...18lbs 7 oz...for 12 smallies.
3rd.
.....Lyle Logston and Brian Walker...16lbs 12 oz...for 9 smallies. One dead smally.
4th.
.....Doug Booth and Richard Fazakerley....12 lbs 4 oz...for 6 smallies and 2 largemouth.
5th.
.....Mack Randall and Mark Lafond...11lbs 13 oz...for 7 smallies.
6th.
.....Rocky Beemen Sr....Solo.....8lbs 14oz. for 7 smallies and 1 largemouth.
7th.
.....Ron and Connor Hankinson.....8.0 lbs...with  5 smallmouth.
8th.
.....Pat Sotherlund and Virgil Wilbur....7lbs 8oz.....for 4 smallies 2 largemouth.
9th.
.....Russ Baker and Bob Payseno...7lbs 6oz...... for 5 smallies and 3 largemouth.
10th.
.....John Holland and Jim Smith.....3lbs 11oz...for 3 smallies.
11th.
.....Daryl Snodgrass and Rich Loth....3lbs 3 oz.....for 1 (one) Smallmouth.
12th.
.....Don and Kim Hankinson...2lbs 1 oz. for 3 smallmouth.
13th.
.....Glenn and Keri......er...(May)...er...(Olive)...2.0 lbs...for 2 smallmouth.
14th.
.....John and Adam Harris...1.0 lbs for 1 (one) Largemouth.

Total Anglers...........27
Total Fish.................85
SMB.........................76
LMB..........................9
Dead Fish...............1 SMB

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo