Normal Topic Samamish topwater? (Read 1720 times)
SMITTY
Ex Member

Samamish topwater?
08/18/03 at 13:12:46
Quote Print Post  
Champ 206 & I hit Sammy before dawn on Saturday.  Bear in mind I HATE this lake Angry, but the prospect seemed better than Washington as I had numerous reports of topwater action there.  We started near the launch using Virgil's specials, Pop R's, large Spooks, and a Tango Dancer.  NADA!! Sad  After 30 minutes, it was off to the North end as the big Yammy effortlessly pushed the Champion across the light chop.  At the next stop the topwaters got a workout but not for long as 206 switched to a Yamamoto pumpkin lizard and I to a firetiger 3/8ths Terminator Spinnerbait.
He quickly caught and released a small LM and as he was letting it go I nailed a 12" LM slowrolling deep.  Now that we had established where the fish were and how deep, it became a matter of which one of us was lipping for the other guy.  A succesion of 2 lb-3lb LM's was landed by us on a 300 yd strech of bank.  With the sun climbing higher in the overcast sky and the wind picking up, the bass moved under the docks.  No problem as we took turns positioning the big Champ with the 36 volt MotorGuide for the other angler to fish off the back deck and skip under the docks.  Champ 206 excelled here as he nailed a 3.8, 4.4, & a 5.75 LM with the ugliest broken jaw and hence face I've seen. Cheesy  It got to where we were calling out fish for each other, although I didn't land anything near as large as John's. Undecided All the fish caught from under the docks or pad fields were on Senko's or french frys.  We finished the day around noon when the sun burned off the overcast, 8) satisfied that it had been a great experience on a lake known to be very tough sometimes.  Overall I would estimate that about 20 lbs of LM and 1 SM were given the benifit of meeting us that morning.

Smitty Wink

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Re: Samamish topwater?
Reply #1 - 08/19/03 at 13:17:10
Quote Print Post  
Great post Smitty.  Sounds like you had a blast!

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/19/03 at 15:48:09
Quote Print Post  
That sounds like a lot of fun, Smitty! Hmmm, might be worth investigating further...

Chris

P.S. I enjoyed reading that post on my Dell with 600 X 800 resolution Trinitron monitor  Kiss Grin Wink

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/21/03 at 16:51:09
Quote Print Post  
I thought that was you on the commercial! " Dude your gettin' a Dell!"

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo