Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Palmer Lake Lodging/Camping (Read 3489 times)
HOPSING
Ex Member

Palmer Lake Lodging/Camping
07/18/03 at 21:45:49
Quote Print Post  
Hi Guys!
I could use some help!
Is anbody familiar with Palmer and know where to camp or stay for 3-5 days.
I have checked with DNR and the State but the don't list specifics, numbers or who to contact.

Glen, I think last year in Sept. you, Les and Wanda went up there on a day trip. Maybe you could help!

Any help is appreciated. :

Mike Singson

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Re: Palmer Lake Lodging/Camping
Reply #1 - 07/19/03 at 06:54:34
Quote Print Post  
Hey Mike, you should contact Mark Wells.  He knows the folks who own the lodge on the lake.  They also have some campsites if I remember right.  We got rained out when we were there 2 years ago. Undecided  It looks like the lake has plenty of potential, although all we managed was a few small ones.  Cry This time of year you won't have to worry about rain, the whole area is on fire it seems like.
The back road into Oroville and Lake Osoyuss(sp) is really neat as it goes through a couple of old mining towns.

Full Livewells,
Smitty Wink

IP Logged

HOPSING
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/20/03 at 19:11:35
Quote Print Post  
Thanks, Smitty!
I did hear about the fires up there and it may deter our plans!
If we go, I will get ahold of Mark.

Thanks for the help!

Mike

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/21/03 at 04:02:39
Quote Print Post  
Hi Mike,

I just got back this evening from the Okanogan area near Palmer Lake. The fires are not a problem right now, just a little haze at times, but make sure to check with an area Ranger Station before you go.

If you want some information on another good lake in the area for largemouth, shoot me an email at sarge@gamefishin.every1.net

It was the first time I fished it, and it has a lot of potentail!!!  8) I'll definitely be back.

Chris

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #4 - 07/22/03 at 00:40:42
Quote Print Post  
Yes Chris, Spectacle lake has some good largemouth fishing action as does Loomis. Smiley

Chopaka Lodge
(509)223-3131

I'll be staying there this year instead of Banks for a change.   Shocked

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 07/22/03 at 00:43:09
Quote Print Post  
HAHA! Close but no cigar, Glenn  Grin

It's usually not my style to keep a lake name to myself, but it is out of respect for the friend who took me to it.

Chris

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #6 - 07/22/03 at 01:38:03
Quote Print Post  
Uh-huh   Wink  There aren't too many "secret" lakes around there.  Even Chopaka lake, which is a long bumpy drive in, isn't much of a secret.  But no big deal.  That area is enough off the beaten track that those lakes don't get the kind of pressure like Banks, Moses, Potholes and surrounding areas receive.

Looking forward to going there again.  I haven't fished that lake since I was a kid!

IP Logged

HOPSING
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 07/24/03 at 04:05:39
Quote Print Post  
Hey,

You guys are alive!
Thanks for the help!
We will be leaving on friday morning and will be making our way over towards the Okanagon country. We will be looking into a few "first come first serve" campsites. I usually don't do that but we will give it a go anyway. Totally unlike me, going for the "crap Shoot", but we need to get away.

Thanks,

Mike, and family
All 3 of us!

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #8 - 07/29/03 at 16:43:21
Quote Print Post  
So Mike, did you fish Palmer?  Do you have a report?  What's the launch like?

IP Logged

HOPSING
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 07/30/03 at 23:06:43
Quote Print Post  
We did not make it!
We ended up at Chelan for 3 days and Banks for 3 days.
The "better" half wanted to meet some friends at Chelan. A very wise decision by me, if I wanted to make it to Banks. Hal squeezed us in Sun - Weds.
Banks is FULL pool and fishing, as well as, temps are HOT!
I will try for Palmer next month and possibly in Sept!

Mike

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 10/30/03 at 05:29:43
Quote Print Post  
Mike, I went up to Palmer the end of September. It was my 4th trip to the lake. I like it for the scenery. You need 4x4 for either launch, but I heard an ugly rumor that they're going to put in a good launch next summer. That's a bad thing, IMHO. The first time I went up there, a local bass club guy told me that they wanted to catch and keep as many bass out of Spectacle Lk. as they could, because the DF&G was going to poison it.  In my opinion, Palmer's fishing has suffered due to the dry winters. I will be up there in mid-May '04, then over to Lk. Christina in SE BC.  That's the plan, anyway.  I have put some time in at Palmer, so feel free to email me before you go. I think the club's phone book has my email addy in it, or ask Smitty, Mark, Glenn or Sarge. Steve H.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo