Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Columbia Tournament (Read 3913 times)
Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Columbia Tournament
07/04/03 at 02:38:02
Quote Print Post  
Hey Larry,
Where are we launching for the Columbia tournament?  What campground are we staying at?  Do you have contact info for them?

Also, do you have some preliminary info regarding rules - specifically off-limits areas?  Are there any?

Just curious as I might be heading over there soon to start scouting locations.

IP Logged

Daryl_S.
Ex Member

Re: Columbia Tournament
Reply #1 - 07/04/03 at 14:42:38
Quote Print Post  
Hey Guys,

I went down to the columbia last weekend and looked at the state park at Beacon Rock, where I think we are staying. It has a great boat launch, but camping really stinks. The camping area by the boat launch is not going to work for people who have boats. There is no room to manuver to back in. There are about 5 spots to camp. The park is filled with 1960's single wide trailers that people live in year round. Not a very pretty site. My family and I were going to stay there, but it sucked really bad. (Mardon's on the Columbia) There is another camping area down the road which is also part of the state park. We drove about two miles up the mountain and never got to it. On the way back down I was burning the brakes on the truck. I think that we need to re-consider the pool we are fishing and find better camping area. Either that or find a camping area from the Oregen side. I fished the Federation last year at Boardman and we did not have to have an Oregen fishing license as long as you did not go into a tributary on the Oregen side.
I did not locate another camping area anywhere in the area within the Bonneville Pool on the Washington side.
Larry, we definitly need to look into this as soon as possible.

Daryl

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/07/03 at 00:18:51
Quote Print Post  
Not to sweat it yet guys. I have been with Larry couple of time as he was working on this....you know Larry, no news is not bad news, and he always comes thru for us. but I'm sure he appreciates the info. V-DUB-YA

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/11/03 at 21:02:10
Quote Print Post  
Curiously, I was thinking that we would be fishing out of the Camas/Washougal area.  There is a very nice launch at the Port of Washougal.  I am up for anything anywhere in the gorge.  Lots of big smallies to be had for those who do their homework.  My research shows consistent 15lb sacks by recent tournament anglers from the Oregon side at Cascade Locks, Boardman, and the Camas/Washougal area.  It should be a blast where ever we end up.
KH

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07/28/03 at 00:24:47
Quote Print Post  
After much digging and searching...(And Sweating!) We have a Campground and it has an issue......it might be we have to split our rigs again as in disconnect the trailers to get into their stalls....almost all are pull through spots but they state they are too small for the footage I gave them so some will have to split and some not so let me know on this site as  I have not anything better so far....
The RV park is RVPark Vancouver off of Fourth plain and Hwy 205 check out their site at www.vancouverrvparks.com sorry for the delay but when we have not been somewhere in ....well never....this is what happens and the prices are $25.00 per night.

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #5 - 07/28/03 at 01:18:01
Quote Print Post  
Are we still launching out of Camas, or a different launch?

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 07/28/03 at 16:51:51
Quote Print Post  
looking at the photos, it seems like they can get some pretty big RV's in the spaces, maybe they've never had the privilege of a bass club on their ground.

Whatever happens I for one am really looking forward to this trip having never fished the Columbia before.

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #7 - 09/01/03 at 00:37:49
Quote Print Post  
Hey Larry,
Checking out my maps, there are 2 ramps near the 205-Columbia River intersection:

There's the Marine Parkway Ramp, on the Washington side, and the James Gleason Ramp on the Oregon Side.  Both are located between I-5 and 205, practically on opposite sides of the river bank from each other.  Both are within site of the airport.

They're closer to the camp grounds and from a safety standpoint, it's a better area to launch from than Camus (less sand and rock bars to navigate around).

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 09/01/03 at 01:49:11
Quote Print Post  
Sweet, we just need to know if they have multiple ramps and if they have docks to tie up or sand banks...Thank Glenn!!

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #9 - 09/05/03 at 01:54:12
Quote Print Post  
Go virtual!

Here's the James Gleason ramp:
http://www.boatescape.com/singleMarina.asp?ID=102

I think it costs $3 per day to use.  The other ramp is also a fee ramp, but I'm not sure what the fee is.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 09/05/03 at 05:57:31
Quote Print Post  
Hey Glenn, just came back from the ramp and we will be using the Marine Parkway Ramp as it is it washington, does have docks and has no fees after Labor day!  directions to the ramp in the next newsletter. Thanx for the patience folks!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo