Normal Topic July's fish-in (Read 4029 times)
virgilw
Ex Member

July's fish-in
06/30/03 at 03:54:41
Quote Print Post  
Ok I have alil info for you. Sorry that it wasn't in the news letter or at last months G-meeting.
   July's fish-in will be held the second Sat.  of the month. Sat. the 12th.   In an effort to fish like we like to fish, and voted on by the members that showed up for last months fish-in, we will be fishing lk. Pattison where the speed limit is 5 mph. no jet skies. no ski boats, and no 3 ft. rollers sneeking up behind you.
   Lk. Pattison is 2 med. sized lks. connected in the middle. deepest that I know of is 22 feet, lots of cover all the way around the lks.  Reeks of lg. mouths, so come and help us learn this lk.
   We will meet at Denny's right off exit 125 and to the right of I-5 at 0230. I know, sounds alil early, but if we spend 1 hour for breakfast and than 1/2 hour more to the lk. it should put us at the launch right around 4 am when it's getting light, so launch will be around 4-0430.
   Lunch time will be decided at launch time. Once again I will provide hotdogs, bunz, the fixins, plates, plastic ware, and soda pop. Please jump in here and tell us what your going to bring so we don't double up on stuff.
   Direction to this lk. are,
   I-5 thru Tacome toward Olympia,
take exit 125 for breakfast,
   from there get back onto I-5 and cont' to exit  111
and go left at the end of the ramp onto Marvin rd.
   Go about 2 miles and follow detour signs to the right onto Steillicom rd.
   Than right onto pacific hwy. left on Union mills rd.
Right back onto Marvin rd.
   Take a right onto Mullen rd se.
Look for a white "ranch style" fence on the left and round the corner with it onto Kagy st.
   Right onto 58th.
When 58th curves around to the right look for the launch on the left,
   Really the roads are marked pretty good, as well as the detour. If your worried meet us for breakfast and follow the crowed.

So lets talk it up, whats ya going to bring?

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Re: July's fish-in
Reply #1 - 06/30/03 at 16:15:10
Quote Print Post  
Ummm... boy... 2:30 eh?  Well, as official sunrise isn't until 5:30 that day, we will probably show up at the launch after 5:00 as it's about a 90-120 minute drive from Everett.  Hope ya'll understand.

We'll bring 'tator salad.

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/01/03 at 05:46:18
Quote Print Post  
Dang Virgil, that's one heck of an early start (are you sure it will be safe light at 4.30am?), specially if you include the drive to breakfast - I'll try and be there on time this time, guess I'll bring dessert stuff like laast time.

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/01/03 at 13:36:10
Quote Print Post  
Embarrassedsorry guys if thats to early, but around here it's been light enough to see well enough to launch and to cast at targets. I'm only trying to do the best thing here, but if the best thing for all is to change the time I'm for that.
   Lets just keep talking here on the site and see what happens, we have plenty of time.....unless it's 2 am with a 90 min. drive.
   Please let me know (members that plan to attend) V-DUB-YA
   Ps has anybody fished this lk. and whats the best way to fish it?

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07/02/03 at 01:31:26
Quote Print Post  
me too on the early start....5:30 to 6am is ok by me! and I will bring some Chicken Wings or something that can be or once was part of a chicken...... see ya there!

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 07/02/03 at 01:54:28
Quote Print Post  
I would have to agree with Larry and Glenn, I would think a 4.00am-5.00am breakfast meeting and a 5.30am-6.ooam launch time would be more fun! This gives us an hour to eat and 1/2 hour to drive (and this from a fish-aholic!!)

just my nickel's worth.

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 07/02/03 at 13:59:18
Quote Print Post  
Smiley Cool, now that I've muddied up the water and got your attention I can see who will be attending the fish-in. Although it does seem to be the o'faithfuls.
   Your right! 4 am breakfast is probably a better deal for most, so lets do that. 4 am at Denny's, launch between 5-5;30  Final anwser,
Thanks guy's V-DUB-YA

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #7 - 07/14/03 at 03:56:33
Quote Print Post  
Awesome fish-in Virg!  The weather was perfect and there were not any jetskiiers or waterskiiers to bother us!  Worth the drive from Everett.  Faz drove just about as far to enjoy it too. THANK YOU Larry Sullivan, Darrel Snodgrass, and Jim Shaffer for coming as well!.

Yup... a 2hr drive for a fish-in.  The folks who had to drive the farthest made the effort to show up (Kirk, you're excused!).  Kind of disappointing to see few others make an appearance.

I'm not going to dwell on it, but suffice to say, let's do a better job of welcoming our new members to the club.

The next fish-in is a NIGHT fish-in.  Should be a blast!  All the wimps and sissy's that are a afraid of the dark will stay home.  As for the rest - I'll see you there!!

P.S. Keri will be pulling a "double-shift" that day. She's going out on a salmon fishing charter (read that "early morning start) for an all-day excursion, then coming home, only to jump in the truck and head down to the fish-in.  Guys... are you going to let a GIRL show you up?!

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 07/14/03 at 14:38:55
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Glen, and Thanks for those that showed up to have some fun. Yes there is some 6 lbs, + fishes in there, Darrel snadgrass proved that. Thanks for the day guys, V-DUB-YA Wink

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo