Normal Topic Weather Ooutlook for Banks Lake (Read 1736 times)
kholmes
Ex Member

Weather Ooutlook for Banks Lake
06/18/03 at 19:59:41
Quote Print Post  
Take a look at the National Weather Service outlook for Coulee City, WA for updated weather reports.  I just checked, temps in the 70's to low 80's with no wind or severe storms predicted past this evening.
Kirk

IP Logged

pays2no
Ex Member

Re: Weather Ooutlook for Banks Lake
Reply #1 - 06/18/03 at 21:16:47
Quote Print Post  
Kirk-
I hope the NWS is correct on the weather forecast.  I would much rather have a slight breeze than a lot of wind.

I just checked to see if the forecast information from Accuweather had changed or updated since I checked it earlier this morning-  It has slightly changed.  They now show sustained westerly winds around 10-13 mph most of the morning hours and gusts up to 25 later in the afternoon. 

Whatever the conditions end up being, some folks will will make the proper adjustments to catch good size limits- they always do!!  - best of luck to you.  This should be a lot of fun!

IP Logged

kholmes
Ex Member

Re: Weather Ooutlook for Banks Lake
Reply #2 - 06/18/03 at 21:57:20
Quote Print Post  
As a side note, based on my fishing logs over the past two and a half years, I have determined that the NWS provides me with the most accurate weather reports prior to my trips.  I have over ten years of detailed bass fishing logs that include actual weather as well as predicted by the internet reporting sites.  With the advent of internet based weather reporting, I began using Accuweather as my report of choice a couple of years ago.  Based on the actual data that I logged in after my trips, I did some research and found that NWS was more accurate by an astounding 50% over other internet weather sites including Accuweather.  This is improtant stuff if we are serious about catching fish on our trips.  I especially like the weather spotters that report to the NWS site.  Just some food for thought.
Kirk

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo