Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) lake meridian (Read 3898 times)
marktfd88
Ex Member

lake meridian
06/11/03 at 03:09:39
Quote Print Post  
Hit Meridian today with Bill B.  for the first time.  Very interesting lake.  Much deeper than you would think.  Started off looking for shallow fish. None.  Seen quite a few abandoned beds.  Switched to the west side and started fooling around for perch in the shallows.  Caught a few and ran into some deep water again.  While Bill was still perch jerkin, I switched back to smallmouth.  Hit a
HUGE
smallie in 20ft of water.  Bill had just hooked a perch and didn't realize I was smallie fishing when I called for the net.  He said " yeah, right, for a perch"  just about that time a 5.5 lb smallie came screaming by the boat.  Bill made a stab for her and she went deep.  Brought her up again and Bill netted her for me.  It was by far the biggest smallie I have ever caught.  We both estimated her over 6 lbs and was surprized when she weighed in at 5.6 on my scale.   The secret lure, of course, a whacky rigged senko.  We caught a total of 4 more smallie and missed one good lrgie on a top water frog in the pads.  All in all a very fun lake to fish.

Mark

IP Logged

BillBrynteson
Ex Member

Re: lake meridian
Reply #1 - 06/11/03 at 18:07:27
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for the good day of fishing Mark!   Kiss

We had the lake to ourselves and it was fun to work a lake neither of us has fished before. 

It was interesting to note that the big female that Mark caught was still full of eggs.  I would have thought she would have spawned by now.  Maybe as the Full moon peaks this week that will take place. 

BillB

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #2 - 06/11/03 at 18:48:42
Quote Print Post  
Awesome fish Mark!!  You know what this means, don't you?  Dink city at Banks - you've used up all your Big Bass karma for the month!

Sorry man, I don't make up the rules, just abide by them.   Cheesy

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/12/03 at 14:19:43
Quote Print Post  
Hey Glenn,
  If you don't ever read the RULES, then you don't have to abide by them!!!!  LOL......
  I am hitting Sawyer today with a friend.  Looking for LRGIES in the pads.  I fished it the other day and caught a 4lb smallie, and seen a ton of big largeies.  So I will give it a whirl today and if I catch anything worthy I will put in a post.
Mark

IP Logged

Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 06/12/03 at 20:49:42
Quote Print Post  
Nice fish,
What time where you guys there?
I was there also but didn't have nearly the success you guys did. I caught 1 large mouth in the pads on the kent kangley side.  Next time I will try the senko thing again in deeper water.

Backlash

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 06/13/03 at 14:41:58
Quote Print Post  
Hey guys, pick on your own lake! Tongue

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 06/13/03 at 17:32:04
Quote Print Post  
Hey Virgil,
  Glad to see you sticking up for your home lake.  Although, I might actually live closer to it than you.  Now that I know the quality of the smallies in there, you might find more company on it.  Hit Sawyer yesterday, and with the weather the fish had lock jaw.  I explored a bunch of water I have never fished there, and caught 4 dinks.  (8-12 inches)  and only seen one good fish in the pads.
Mark   aka wacky guy

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 06/13/03 at 23:38:22
Quote Print Post  
Well, I've been on that lake a few times and apparently you guys have caught the only ten fish in the lake.  Only Russ Baker lives closer I think.  I swore off that lake a couple years ago, but now I may have to re-visit it jsut to prove that their are not anymore fish there.

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 06/15/03 at 21:48:30
Quote Print Post  
EmbarrassedYour right Doug , there is no fish in that dog foresaken lk.  If there was there is only about ten or so. But if you do decide to fish it whatever you do dont fish the pads beside the fishing docks, or the flats half way down the lk. on the left hand side. Lips Sealed

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 06/16/03 at 02:44:45
Quote Print Post  
Well what do you know, there are bass in that lake!  I managed to scare up a couple on Sunday morning.  It was a perfect Father's Day morning no wind, slight overcast in the morning, no waterskiers until 9:00 AM.  I caught a 2 lb largie and a 1 lb smallie and missed a couple more.  Caleb managed two trout on a crankbait.  I have renewed faith in this lake.  But they need to do something about the launch though.

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 06/16/03 at 17:51:03
Quote Print Post  
You Guys are late!!

I hit this lake three weeks ago and caught 13 between 2-4lbs. Of coarse all on S---O's. And yes I was there on Saturday before the accident. Decided after seeing that wake boarder almost hit us a couple of times to leave.

We left to go to my secret Lake right down the street from Sawyer. Ask Larry S. he knows. As I arrived a guy at the ramp asked if I had a scale. I did and weighed her and she weighed 8lbs 12 on a digital scale. Now I know what you are thinking, Did Russ Move that Fish to his secret lake? I left my toad in Sawyer. After about two-three hours My wife and I boated 5-6 fish and lost several others. Saw two fish over 7-8 under docks. All on Senkos.

Man I should buy some stock in that Senko company since I have financed their company for the last month or so.
Russ

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo