Normal Topic Potholes results? (Read 2257 times)
pays2no
Ex Member

Potholes results?
05/20/03 at 22:17:23
Quote Print Post  
Hey everyone-

I wasn't able to fish the last day of the Potholes tourney  due to some trolling motor problems occuring shortly after blastoff.  I got very frustrated and headed home shortly thereafter.   I know, I am a ....poor sport and should  have stuck around and waited for the weigh in but I just couldn't do it.-  I was bumming.

I'd like to personally thank Rick Gagliardi and Chris Sergeant for lending moral support and helping me mentally try to get back on track after this happened.  Rick was even willing to go as far as dragging me around with a rope all day so I could fish. 

So now for the real reason of my post......I understand from various sources that Kirk Holmes ended up winning and Russ Baker was second and Lyle Logston ended  up third- is this correct?  Are the official results with weights going to be posted from top to bottom soon?
I hope so!  I really do care who won and think we really got some awesome fisherman in this club.  The wind was definitely a factor for some of us.  I know it kicked my butt targeting smallies. 

Also, can anyone tell me what the official wind gust speed was Saturday afternoon while the Potluck was going on?  I think it had to have topped 50mph!!!

Congrats Kirk, Russ and Lyle

Bob Payseno (Pays2no)

ps  Larry, Do you know if Mike Meseberg is going to be putting the pictures they took of the tourney on their website?

IP Logged

pays2no
Ex Member

Re: Potholes results?
Reply #1 - 05/21/03 at 02:41:07
Quote Print Post  
Here is the link for those interested at looking at the pictures taken at this past weekends Tournament in  Potholes-  It looks like many folks with nice fish got left out, especially the leaders.  Oh well, maybe we'll have to check back in a week or so and see if Mike (Meseberg) has added more pictures.  It was nice of him to be there and capture the moment for us!

http://www.mardonresort.com/wr_.aspx

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #2 - 05/21/03 at 03:16:33
Quote Print Post  
Absolutely amazing how nearly every name was wrong - even the info about the club and tournament was inaccurate.  Reminds me of the news.   Grin

According to NOAA, for Moses lake and Othello (the closest weather stations), this is what they reported on Saturday:

Max temp 51.8
Max wind speed  25.3
Max wind gust   35.7

I think we can all agree the wind speed was much higher than that.  Sprague last year topped out at 30mph and Saturday night was stronger than that.

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/22/03 at 04:59:53
Quote Print Post  
Holy Cow, Glenn. You're not kidding about the names!!!  Shocked

I even gave Mike every person's name as he took pictures... Oh well, at least he put our pics up. Maybe if I get the chance I will send him corrections.

Bob - Larry is on vacation for two weeks and will be fishing in Eastern WA most of the time. The entire standings won't be up until he gets back. I'm glad to hear that you made it home safe. You never know with the crappy luck you were having!  Undecided You are correct about who finished 1-3 at the tourney. Kirk weighed in a great bag with a 5 pound largemouth anchor on the second day. And if I remember correctly, Russ Baker was the only one to weigh in all-largemouth limits both days! Way to go, fellas! Despite the wind, it was still a fun tournament... but that might just be because of my newfound backseater status and the fact that I didn't have to sit on the t-motor much! HA!

Chris

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo