Normal Topic Lake Washington Help (Read 2551 times)
bass-newbie
Ex Member

Lake Washington Help
05/15/03 at 18:59:57
Quote Print Post  
Hello Everyone,

I have just moved here from Arizona and have been looking for some places to fish in the area.  I am planning a trip to Lake Washington in my newly aquired boat (new to me, but quite used).  I was hoping that someone could give me some tips as to where some good spots might be for bass this time of year out on Lake Washington.  I don't have a lot of experience fishing for bass, but have been fishing for them on and off with my dad down in Oregon for the last couple of years.

Also, is there anyway to get from Lake Washington to Sammamish by way of water and would it be worth boating over there?

Your comments are appreciated.

Thanks,
bn

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Re: Lake Washington Help
Reply #1 - 05/15/03 at 19:27:49
Quote Print Post  
Bass Newbie,

There is absolutely no way to go from Lake Wa to Lake Sam by boat. However, Fish around the Newport Shores area and you should have no problem bagging a 3lb Smallie. Also target boat docks with gravel around them.
Good Luck and welcome to the Chat Room.
Russ

IP Logged

bass-newbie
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/15/03 at 19:44:34
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for the tip.  I will give the North Shores area a whirl.  Looking to go out next weekend.  I'll make sure and tell you all how it goes.

bn

IP Logged

bass-newbie
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/15/03 at 19:52:29
Quote Print Post  
Excuse me, meant Newport Shores.  Guess that's what the preview is for.

bn

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/15/03 at 22:31:22
Quote Print Post  
Hi Newbie,

I haven't been out fishing on Lake WA since April, but I have been talking to a few folks fishing it lately, and I have been walking the shore a lot since I work next to the lake.

Both smallmouth and largemouth are spawning right now, but with this weird spring storm moving through today, they may pull off for a few days? If you don't find spawning fish, throw deep-diving crankbaits in 10-15 feet of water. Look for dock areas with isolated weed beds and/or large logs. Gravel bottoms usually help this time of year, too. I just mentioned crankbaits for the sake of covering water and seeing more of the lake, but jerkbaits, tubes, and senkos would be good bets, too!

The channel between Mercer Island and the east side of the lake (AKA "East Channel") probably has the largest concentration of fish in the lake, so if I was new, I would start probing this entire area. Fishing under the I-90 bridge is heavily-pressured, but it is also a very solid spot for catching.

If you feel like running up north a bit to see how the boat works, check out the docks in Union Bay and anywhere in Portage Bay for largemouth.

Good luck... and you have to tell us how the fishing is!!!  Grin

Chris

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/15/03 at 22:38:48
Quote Print Post  
Hi Newbie.... are you coming to visit us at our club meeting this evening?? If you are, check our website for address and timing, we would be very happy to meet you.

"Faz"

IP Logged

bass-newbie
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/16/03 at 13:55:46
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for the invite, but I didn't realize that there was a meeting this week.  I will try to get there next month, it would be great to get some advice and tips first hand.

-bn

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo