Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) July Jack-N-Jill (Read 4473 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

July Jack-N-Jill
05/01/03 at 21:00:31
Quote Print Post  
Hey Folks, after a lengthy discussion with the City Of Ocean Shores Police Dept. at Duck Lake I have come to the conclussion that we will not be able to comply with the cities requirements to have our tournament there in July. The City wanted YOUR insurance forms on file 30 days prior to the event, first violating the privacy protection of our members and second we do not know who will fish till the morning of the tourney.
With that I have worked with Bruce Baker at the Dept. of Fish and Wildlife and we have worked a deal to go to......Drum roll please.......
Silver Lake in Cowlitz Co.
Thus correcting our loss of that lake in April. I am contaction the Silver Lake Resort for Reservations unless someone would like a different venue as we have dealt with this resort in years past.
More info to follow and it should be a Great time at Silver in the warm months.

IP Logged

Tnbasmstr
Ex Member

Re: July Jack-N-Jill
Reply #1 - 05/02/03 at 01:27:31
Quote Print Post  
Larry,

Is this something new they have started and something to contact someonelse about?  I can't believe that we have to give up our personal information like that?  What is next, to drive into their city, they will want our car insurance?  I think the club should pursue this issue with either the STate or someone.   I can't believe they can do this, especially since this is a sanctioned authorized lake draw, managed by the WDFW, and assigned legally.  Wow,  this world is really turning to hell,  guess I'll find another city to even vacation in, maybe Sadamm moved in...Huh.....

CHuck

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/02/03 at 05:13:48
Quote Print Post  
I'm with you Chuck as this is the first time I know of where a municipality has put itself above the Dept. of Fish and Wildlife without talking to them and letting them know they have imposed these requirements.
I am trying to get the schedule of the Ocean Shores City Counsell to go and provide public comment on this matter and I can say that Bruce Baker from D.F.&W. is not a happy camper especially when the quote "Their (D.F.&W.) permit does'nt mean anything to the City of Ocean Shores" was ran by him.Their might be some stocking problems in the future for Duck Lake.
Oh and I am going to call the clubs who have tournies there soo and in the future to let them know about the permit requirement.

p.s. good to hear from ya big guy!

IP Logged

Fishfinder6
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/02/03 at 21:08:49
Quote Print Post  
Larry,

You're definitely making the right decision regarding Duck Lake.  Are you planning for July 19 & 20, as previously designated for the Jack-N-Jill?

Dennis

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/02/03 at 23:22:13
Quote Print Post  
Yeah Dennis, the same days as the original and I will be calling Silver Lake Resort for the camp sites.

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #5 - 05/04/03 at 00:59:26
Quote Print Post  
Just talked to the hotel/campground at Ocean Shores.  They said they cancelled everybody's reservations, so no need to call.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/04/03 at 16:10:37
Quote Print Post  
Man, what a time to be a Tournament Director! The Jack-N-Jill tournament has been through the ringer and it is still 3 mos away!
For those who remember...Silver Lake resort has been on a progressive road to decline and even when we ask them to make upgrades promises are discussed and well.......nothings changed well.....we will be going elswhere......
Check out silvershoresresort.com
They are the big resort to the east of Silver Lake resort and have a restauant and lounge but get this....$14.00 per nite tent sites and $24.00 per nite hook-up sites they do NOT have a motel or launch but the public launch is right around the corner. We have had issues with the conditions at Silver Lake motel and their ramp.....and soggy grass problems so hopefully this change will be a good one....I reserved 15 sites if we can get a head count of how many couples will be going it would be good so we can adjust our reservations.

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 05/04/03 at 16:18:18
Quote Print Post  
Isn't Streeter's on the lake??? Is that the same "Moose" who is a member of WBC? It has a launch does it not, but does it have any camping facilities??

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 05/04/03 at 16:51:55
Quote Print Post  
Hey Rich I do not believe they are related...diff spelling ie: Streeters vs Streater if I remember right and yes they do have camping but again it is kind of run down.... At the silver lake open I went into the store and they had very little on the shelves and the bathrooms were lets say Questionable as to when they were last cleaned and the presence of year round "Campers" makes me nervous....now it was out of season but clean is a standard. Tongue

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #9 - 05/04/03 at 23:13:25
Quote Print Post  
Let's put it this way - we used to stay at Streeter's, but then we moved to the Silver Lake Resort because it was much, much better.

...and it still is.

'nuff said?

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 05/04/03 at 23:51:57
Quote Print Post  
Sounds good to me....

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo