Normal Topic Manged to get one this weekend. (Read 2573 times)
Jfchoate1
Ex Member

Manged to get one this weekend.
04/21/03 at 13:45:32
Quote Print Post  
Well between a 2 year old with chicken pocks and an underpowered borrowed trolling motor I didn't think I'd get much time on the water. But I manged to go out for a couple hours Sat. on my home lake and spook the fish off the beds. Then I snuck back out Sunday with just the daughter and was able to sneek up on one and landed a 4lb 8oz Smallie. As she crested her mate was right next to her trying to grab the lure from her.
Now if I could just get some of the large mouth I saw sitting by the stumps within casting range on the launch.(hint hint Terry)

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Re: Manged to get one this weekend.
Reply #1 - 04/22/03 at 01:08:05
Quote Print Post  
What lake?

IP Logged

Jfchoate1
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/22/03 at 01:43:45
Quote Print Post  
Sigh guess I'll spill it...

Steilacoom

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/22/03 at 02:41:47
Quote Print Post  
Nice Job Jeff!

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/22/03 at 02:54:46
Quote Print Post  
Maybe I missed it or somethin...but I did'nt see what you caught it on??

IP Logged

Jfchoate1
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 04/22/03 at 03:02:18
Quote Print Post  
Fishin' Pole  Grin

Weightless Senko 56 degree water temp bout 6-8 feet of water. Beds been in the same spot for the past 3 years.

IP Logged

djKale
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/17/03 at 07:43:44
Quote Print Post  
Hello and nice to talk to some local anglers. Lots of good info on this site!! Steilacoom is my local lake as well. Did that 4.5 pounder look anything like this one? This guy was across from the boat launch. There were a couple of 4 pounders bedding in that area that we saw.

Steilacoom is holding a lot of nice size Smallies, and even some nice Largies as well. I fish it with my brother out of his white/red Champion, maybe you've seen us before? That pic was taken April 20, 2003. I think we hit the lake 5 out of 7 days that week!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo