Normal Topic Duck Lake Blast Off (Read 3344 times)
Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Duck Lake Blast Off
04/20/03 at 23:35:35
Quote Print Post  
Hey Larry!
Two questions:
1. Where are we launching?
2. Do we need to all be launched prior to the driver's meeting?

The reason I ask is because if we're launching at the same launch you and I used a few years back, I don't recall there being much "beach" area to park boats. 

If we're not using that launch, then I don't have a clue where we'll be, so a name or something would be helpful so I can locate it on a map.

Thanks!

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: Duck Lake Blast Off
Reply #1 - 04/21/03 at 03:20:14
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Glenn, Yes we are using the City Park Launch as according to Doug there is not enough parking at the other launch and we can do a Drivers meeting at the parking lot prior since we have to have the Draw. Otherwise I would say an on the water meeting would be adequate at least for the Jack-N-Jill in July.

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/21/03 at 13:25:06
Quote Print Post  
I seriously doubt that there is enough parking at the City Launch for all the tow rigs as well as the non-boaters.  Sad I would reccomend that non-boaters try to park at the City Park as opposed to the boat launch.  There is room for about 15-18 tow-rigs only. Undecided  The City park is right next (east) to the launch area.
On another note; fuel at the EXXON in Elma (30 miles west of Olympia) is $1.53 and the Texaco is $1.57.Shocked  Fill up your boats there on the way over if you need gas. Grin  Ocean Shores is $1.65.  If you are like me and have a 50 gal. tank, it can make for quite a significant savings. Roll Eyes
If anyone needs Amsoil 2 cycle Injector Oil ($18.50 no tax) for their boat, contact me prior to Thursday for delivery at the campground.   Kiss

Smitty Wink

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/21/03 at 20:51:13
Quote Print Post  
It's gonna be tight for beaching boats for the weigh-in.  There is a new dock but there isn't a lot of room on it.  We may want to play with the idea of an organized weigh-in plan.  Extending it to the loading of boats too.  Sounds like Smitty made a rally run to Duck last weekend.  Wonder if he did any fishing?

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/21/03 at 21:27:31
Quote Print Post  
Nah,  GrinI went kite flying on the beach Ha ha. Roll Eyes
Smitty Wink

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 04/21/03 at 21:56:45
Quote Print Post  
Maybe once numbers are drawn for launch order, we could use the same numbers for weigh-in and trailering (with the exception of late arrivals of course)... it would take the guesswork out of things.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 04/22/03 at 02:49:52
Quote Print Post  
I love this Club! That sounds like a dandy plan Faz......lets do it! Beacause the Blast Off is gonna be more of a Cruise Off with the speed limits!

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 04/22/03 at 13:13:26
Quote Print Post  
While over there on my kite flying trip Roll Eyes, I also talked extensively to a member of the local constabulary about regulations, speed limits, LOCAL permits(?) Shocked etc.  He was particuarly adament regarding one resident on the lake. Angry  I'll pass the info at the drivers mtg.

Smitty Wink

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo