Normal Topic Silver Lake, April 5th (Read 1260 times)
sarge
Ex Member

Silver Lake, April 5th
04/07/03 at 14:49:38
Quote Print Post  
Hi everyone,

It sounds like the fish are starting to wake up with all these reports being thrown around... WOOHOO! I am ready to hit Potholes!

Here's our report from Silver Lake this last Saturday:

Ron Hankinson and I boated 8 largemouth (7 of which were keepers) over the day. I caught 4, he caught 4. Ron had the biggest fish at 3-4. We didn't have anything big by Silver Lake standards, but it was fun to get my first fish of the year and fish some shallow water! We caught our fish on Wild Thangs, tubes, and senkos. Hmmmm, sounds familiar, eh? The most productive areas were in the back of canals around docks. In fact, including the boat of Terry Steffensen and Bob Brownlee, 9 of 10 fish that day came from the same stretch of canal! That seems pretty strange for Silver Lake since the fish can be so spread out there.

The weather was brutal at times with scattered showers and a lot of wind. I don't know the water temperature... We don't pay much attention to it at Silver Lake Cheesy

That's all for now. Keep coming Spring!

Best fishes,
Chris

IP Logged

Dawg Ketcha
Ex Member

Re: Silver Lake, April 5th
Reply #1 - 04/10/03 at 02:32:58
Quote Print Post  
Congrats, sounds like a fun time.  Where is Silver lake?  I've read about it on several different posts. 

Don B

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Re: Silver Lake, April 5th
Reply #2 - 04/10/03 at 03:59:41
Quote Print Post  
Howdy Don,

There are a bunch of Silver Lakes in this state, but the main one you'll hear us talk about is about 120 miles south of Seattle, outside of Castle Rock, in Cowlitz County. It's a shallow lake that doesn't get any deeper than 10 feet, yet it is pretty big at around 3000 acres.

If you want to practice your pitchin' and flippin', there's nowhere else better in the state to go! Lots of wood, docks, pilings, and lily pad fields to fish. Largemouth heaven Cheesy The fishing can be tough there, but you can also be rewarded with a 7-8 pound largemouth!

Chris

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo