Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) What do you float on? (Read 4167 times)
Hunter
Ex Member

What do you float on?
02/27/03 at 04:07:46
Quote Print Post  
Just wondering what kind of boat do "you" have?

So what kind of boat do you have?

And what is your dream boat?

Hunter

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: What do you float on?
Reply #1 - 02/28/03 at 02:41:37
Quote Print Post  
Well for those who have not seen her, "She" is a 19ft. Gambler Dale Earnhardt edition bass boat in green and black with a Mariner 200 horse outboard to push her along. My dream boat.....well honestly.....would be to have my 17ft. Tracker tx-17 back as we had so much fun and fish together.

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #2 - 02/28/03 at 05:07:17
Quote Print Post  
I float on aluminum.   Shocked

I have a Smokercraft 17' 8" bass boat with a 75hp Yamaha.  Nice boat, lot's of storage, does the job - not great in whitecaps.

My dream boat?  A fully loaded Ranger.

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 02/28/03 at 13:46:23
Quote Print Post  
2000 201D 20' Cobra powered by a Merc 225 EFI.  Great in rough water and surely fast enough with all the storage in the world.  The drawback?  Too much Chevron and difficult to park at my house.  I've always had a lust for a BassCat, but I'm very content with my Red Snake.

Smitty

(image fixed so it will appear - gm)

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 02/28/03 at 16:54:12
Quote Print Post  
I have Lyle's old Nitro, a 1993 180 FS dual console with an Evinrude 115. Pretty little boat in Teal Green and Silver.

My dream boat ..... currently Allison's new XB-21 with a 250!!

IP Logged

Hunter
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 02/28/03 at 17:26:01
Quote Print Post  
Ok I feel better. I'm not that only one without a fiberglass "bass" boat.
I have a 2003 17'5" Starcraft Superfisher.

Dream boat. I'm really not sure. I'd like to have a fiberglass bass boat. But untill my son is older (3 now) I will stick with the V style boats.

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #6 - 02/28/03 at 19:10:22
Quote Print Post  
I think that's similar to the 3 Lund boats that are in our club, too.  And don't forget, Chris (fishboy) and Brian "troutman" Walker both have Trackers.

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 02/28/03 at 22:52:44
Quote Print Post  
Yes sir, as Glenn pointed out, I am a Tracker owner. It is a 1993 Tracker TX-17 with a 60 horse Evinrude. It did a great job for me last year, but I do tend to get a little wet in the rough stuff. I will also be selling it soon to another club member to start simplifying for "back to school"  Cry

My dream boat? That would probably be an 18' or 19' Champion with lots o' little goodies on it.

Chris

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 03/01/03 at 02:23:26
Quote Print Post  
I'm another one of those kidney-busting Tracker owners.  It's a 18' with 75 hp Mercury.  It's set up perfectly for bassfishing though.
   Dream boats well I've been coveting that Red Snake for quite a while.  The only thing worst than drooling on pictures of boats in bass magazines is standing next to them at a tournament.  Man that's torture.

IP Logged

Varmint
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 03/01/03 at 03:22:45
Quote Print Post  
Mine is a 86 Skeeter Starfire w/175Merc, Genesis Auto Pilot, LMS240 GPS/sonar, X85/sonar. Old boat but very dependable. Back seat at most tournaments is graced by my wife Mary and our dog Sasha.
Hope to move up to a 2-3 year old Triton TR19PDC soon.

IP Logged

safecracker
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 03/02/03 at 20:40:47
Quote Print Post  
I have a 2002 Tracker Tundra 18WT, with a 125 Mercury. Still getting used to it, and figuring out all it will do (been a lot of years since I last owned a boat). Seems like it will do most everything I need it to do, though (except outrun the real bass boats).

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo