Normal Topic Boat Insurance (Read 2013 times)
Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Boat Insurance
01/27/03 at 22:12:53
Quote Print Post  
Howdy,
I'm getting close to the time to renew my boat insurance and wanted to compare policies/companies. 

So I want to know: What insurance company do you use and what's covered?  Are you satisfied with your company/coverage/rates?

Smitty, I recall you once said something about your insurance that has a provision that's a big plus for boat owners.  I don't recall what that was though.  Something about full value replacement vs. depreciated value?

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Re: Boat Insurance
Reply #1 - 01/27/03 at 22:25:12
Quote Print Post  
That's correct Glenn.  Some policys only cover total loss to the apraised value of the boat at the time of loss vs. the new replacement value.  My insurance is with BOAT US, and it will pay me the cost of my boat when it was new should it be destroyed and have to be replaced.  There are several companys that have this provision. When shopping,  you should ask them, because most don't volunteer the information that they don't have replacement value clauses.

Smitty

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #2 - 02/02/03 at 14:55:57
Quote Print Post  
Hi Smitty,
Is the reason you went with BOAT US due to this provision, or are there other insurance policies that are similar to yours.  If so, why did you select them over the others?  Who else offers this type of insurance?  Do you have contact info for BOAT US? 

Thanks!

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 02/03/03 at 13:46:05
Quote Print Post  
I'm pretty sure companies besides Boat US provide this type of coverage, however, I'm also pretty sure you must ask for it.  Boat US, because of their exclusiveness in offering only boat & towing insurance, makes this a selling point which caught my eye when I was shopping.  Addtionally even with this type of coverage, they were cheaper for a hi-po bass boat than any other companies I found at the time.  I've had two small claims with them and their cusotmer service in handeling my problems has been nothing short of outstanding.  You can find out more about them at their website-  WWW.boatus.com/insurance. ; As I recall you are able to get a quote from them over the net.
You should be aware that you are required to join the Boat US club and receive a subscription to two publications as a bonus.  The dues are $25.00 per annum and the two mags merit passing interest as they mostly deal with on the water safety.  Even with the dues, the annual premium on the Snakeboat was about $80.00 cheaper than any other company.

Smitty Wink

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo