Normal Topic Riffe Lake (Read 1000 times)
Daryl_S.
Ex Member

Riffe Lake
11/11/02 at 16:13:33
Quote Print Post  
Went to Riffe on Friday and caught one 3 lb. smallie on a 3 in. grub in 16ft. of water. I was only there about 3 hours. The weather was nice, no rain until I left at 4:00pm. The wind was low at about 5-10 mph.

Went to Riffe on Sunday and we got into the largemouth in a big way. We never caught one dink. We caught all our fish in one area off the island at kosmos. We had a camera and saw hundreds of largemouth. The largemouth were on all kinds of structure. We could not get them to bite anything. Then we hit the island and everything lit up. We caught them with a Hula Grub and a football head jig. We had to pop it off the bottom or they would not take it. We caught them in 5-20 feet of water. The water temp. was 52 - 53 degees. The water is 47ft. below full pool. It is a very good time to scout the lake, you would not believe whats down there and where. If you go you must use mossyrock launch. The fish did not feed until about 3 pm. If anyone would like more info just e-mail me.

Daryl

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo