Normal Topic Change-O-Pace. (Read 1406 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

Change-O-Pace.
11/10/02 at 23:40:20
Quote Print Post  
Hey all if you are getting bored, not wanting to take the boat in the rain, but want to catch BIG FISH?......The head on over to Hoodsport and catch some Chum Salmon....dont worry there is enough for everyone as the run is exceding all expectations....the hatchery if full and the tribes are too tired to net.....I caught and released 15 7-12 lb chums and kept 3 (2 hens and 1 buck) I tore up one spinning reel (gears broke under the strain) but had a blast!! your 7-1/2' flippin stick will work but a 8-8-1/2' two piece spinning rod is a blast and cast better around a crowd...(we had about 250 people and a 1/8th mile area. Oh and imagine so many fish that you are literally hit in the legs by hundreds of salmon trying to get by and the water for 1/2 a mile is A-Froth by so many fish schoolling around......WHOOOOOHOOOOOOO!! good times and good food!!

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Re: Change-O-Pace.
Reply #1 - 11/11/02 at 01:56:34
Quote Print Post  
Larry,

Thanks for the report, dude!

I will be heading to the Satsop tomorrow for a drift trip targeting chum, hatchery coho, and chinook... I'll let ya know how we do.

Bring on the slime!
Chris

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo