Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) FREEZE-INS (Read 11772 times)
virgilw
Ex Member

FREEZE-INS
11/05/02 at 04:24:29
Quote Print Post  
freeze-in is planed for this sat. the 9th.  We already missed the first sat. of the month, so lets try for the second one. The weather is still up for grabs. The plan as of now is...I-90 mercer launch, 10 am.   lunch will be at  GENE C. boat launch at IVERS ( get it? warm and dry with a hot lunch!!! Great idea Pat S) Go home/end when ever you want after that. Talk it up!!! what do ya think?
   I am still trying to figure out a way to mass e-mail everybody that has a e-mail address, than make phone calls from there...any ideas? V-DUB-YA

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Re: FREEZE-INS
Reply #1 - 11/05/02 at 14:44:02
Quote Print Post  
Virgil,

I tried to email you yesterday, but the email got returned to me...

Anyways, I got your message from the weekend, and will put together a club email list tonight when I get home from work. You or I can then use that for Freeze-In contacts.

Chris

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 11/05/02 at 15:39:33
Quote Print Post  
Hey Chris welcome home! thanks for re-ing me, If you could that would be awesome and I would owe you one, Thanks very much, that when I have freeze-in stuff I will e-mail or call you and you can fwd. THANKS V-dub-ya

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 11/05/02 at 15:41:22
Quote Print Post  
ps, you said I could access it as well??

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 11/05/02 at 19:48:12
Quote Print Post  
Sure, I can just give you the list when I put it together...

Chris

IP Logged

Rob_Maglio
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 11/06/02 at 16:29:32
Quote Print Post  
That sounds like a good idea to me.

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 11/07/02 at 05:09:21
Quote Print Post  
10am?? Are we kidding or what? Guess it'll be lonely, but I'm planning on being out at about 8am at the latest.

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 11/10/02 at 00:29:44
Quote Print Post  
Yup, it was lonely..... I saw no-one I knew on the water until 4pm when I was leaving. I think the dude under the helmet was Pat Sotherland... looked like his boat. One would almost think the freeze-in had been cancelled.

Well, I hit the water at 8.30am, it was grey and windy with a spot or two of drizzle. Spent an hour under the bridge fishing pilings and any drop-offs over 35ft - nothing!. Fished the 30-40ft line South from the East Mercer Launch down the docks and started hitting Perch almost immediately. Got one 13" smalllie drop-shotting a Sniper lure, small 2" worm looks like a french-fry, wackyrigged from about 34ft. Nothing but Perch until Noon when I hit Kidd Valley for a Burger and gave myself 2 bucks.

Where was everybody?
[color=Red][/color]

Ran up to Webster Point after lunch, via the Log-Boom, not even a nibble at either spot so I moved back down under 520 and fished off Grote Point, again drop-shotting 30-45ft, hits loads of Perch and a 16" 2 1/2lb smallie  Grin at about 2.30pm. Left at 4.00pm and got hit by the rain as I left the car park, first real rain all day.

Had fun, wish there were more people there.

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #8 - 11/10/02 at 02:22:35
Quote Print Post  
Sorry Faz.  I spent the day in Port Angeles with family.  The ferry crossing at 10:15 AM was a bit rough - white caps and swells.  Perhaps the wind kept people away.  Sorry I couldn't be there.

« Last Edit: 11/10/02 at 03:54:49 by Admin »  
IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 11/10/02 at 19:10:05
Quote Print Post  
FREEZ-INS...
   Well what can I say but I'm sorry and lets try again till we get the bugs worked out of this. I now have about 3/4 of the clubs e-mails saved. where I didn't before. I tried to get info out to as many people as I could as quickly as I could but wasn't set up for it.
   The weather forecast was for nasty weather, I myself don't mind the cold and will fish, same with the wind. But don't really like getting all the gear wet from the start of the day, If I get rained on while I'm out fishing, so be it. The forecast called for wind and rain so I e-mailed as many people as I could at the time and called it off, for those that didn't get the word I'm sorry.
   Like Richard said, it wasn't all that bad. I got a call around 8 Sat. am from Pat S and he said it didn't look all that bad, was I game? Feeling like crud that I made the wrong choice, I went with him. Yes it was alil cold and wendy but it was a nice day and a great day for a freez-in up until about 4pm when the forecasted wend, and rain really hit and hit hard. and what really stinks is that today looks better than yesterday.
   Pat caught acouple really nice perch and right at the begaining of the rain storm got a real nice 3 1/2 lbs. smallie....I did about as good of a job fishing as I did calling this freez-in, but a good day on the water anyway.
   I am still going to try and make this thing work, and am open for any and all suggestions and comments.
  P.s Pat, thanks for the day!          V-DUB-YA

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 11/10/02 at 19:16:32
Quote Print Post  
I just proof read my last post and wend has an "i" someplace in it doesn't it?   Undecided

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 11/10/02 at 23:40:21
Quote Print Post  
Hey Virgil, where did you and Pat catch your perch at?  With the weather as wacky as it is, Caleb and I are going to give it a try Monday.  I checked with Faz and got all his info, but I'd like a back-up spot if there not on Groat Pt.  If it's monsooning we'll bail on fishing but if it's decent we're perch jerkin'.  We may try the "Rev rig" too.

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 11/11/02 at 03:12:44
Quote Print Post  
Doug, Russ Baker and I hit Grote Point this morning (Sunday) at about 8.00am and stayed in the immediate area (about 200yds) all day until 3.30pm. I'm waiting for Russ to get a final count, but reckon we kept somewhere around 70+ Perch. Big Perch was 1lb even, and both of us broke off at least one real toad each.

I was drop-shotting 1" pieces of plastic worm, and Russ used a Jig of some sort. We were fishing mostly the 32-40ft range and sometimes hit a school, with almost continuous bites, and several double-headers. I had so much fun (THANKS VERY MUCH RUSS!!) - didn't even bother fishing for Bass all day. It's 8pm and my arm, shoulder and the backs of my legs ache!!

WHAT A BLAST!!

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 11/11/02 at 05:15:35
Quote Print Post  
Cool Richard and Russ,    Doug, we / Pat got his nicest perch past the I-90 (going N ) past that nice looking rock point,  1/4 mile N there is a "Park" we didn't get as far as the park... it was still 200yrds north...oh in about 30 feet of water. Got em on a rev- rig........good luck Booths. VW

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 11/11/02 at 05:51:22
Quote Print Post  
Was that the Mercer Island side or the Bellevue side?

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo