Normal Topic Jamboree (Read 1398 times)
derik
WBC Member

Jamboree
01/29/23 at 15:04:25
Quote Print Post  
Who all is going to the jamboree this year?

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Re: Jamboree
Reply #1 - 01/30/23 at 09:52:49
Quote Print Post  
I am. No partner as yet space 54.

IP Logged

Elway4lyfe
WBC Board Member
WBC Member

Reply #2 - 02/04/23 at 13:25:21
Quote Print Post  
We have around 9 people. Say western theyre gonna find us room and I will park in overflow with generator to make room if we need.

IP Logged

FishinRev
WBC Board Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #3 - 02/09/23 at 19:23:07
Quote Print Post  
I've been in the club for nearly three decades, but because I worked weekends I never got to participate in the Jamboree.  Now that I am retired, I'm going to go this year.  I'm excited about it!

IP Logged

FishinRev
WBC Board Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #4 - 02/15/23 at 16:30:58
Quote Print Post  
Question:  Since I've never been to a Jamboree, and since there will be so many boats participating - how is the launching handled?  Do people launch early and beach their boat until it's time to blastoff?  Do people leave their boats on the water's edge over night? (Which would give me some deep concerns, with so much theft happening at campgrounds now).  What have you done in past Jamborees?

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #5 - 02/15/23 at 19:46:52
Quote Print Post  
Depending on amount of boats they stagger them in 2-3 or more flights....each flight returns 1/2 hour apart...
Some folks Moore they're boats but each morning folks get up and launch they're boats and tie up to docks or beach them. We all try to help each other to speed up the process.

IP Logged

Timber4ever
WBC Member

Reply #6 - 02/17/23 at 13:35:10
Quote Print Post  
Im brand new this year and want to know exactly what this event is. Ive got a boat and all that just want to figure out what and where this will be at.

IP Logged

FishinRev
WBC Board Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #7 - 02/17/23 at 23:20:27
Quote Print Post  
I've been waiting for some experienced Jamboree participants to jump in and answer your questions, but since not everyone reads this website (many use Facebook for their news) I'll share what I know...

Well, the Jamboree is an annual 3 day competition between Washington bass clubs that takes place on Memorial Day weekend.  Each year it's at Banks Lake, and this year's dates are the 27th, 28th, and Monday the 29th of May. 

A minimum of 10 people from each club are required to attend, but many clubs bring many more.  WBC invites any member eager to anticipate.  The weekends total weights are divided by the number of participants. While most bass clubs are "blood and guts" competitors, WBC is more laid back and we emphasize the social part of the weekend.  That's not to say we haven't scored well in the past, even won it one year.  Our guys are both competitive and relaxed about the weekend.

There are so many boats and participants that it can be a real circus at times.  But I'm told it's a great weekend of friends, fun, and fishing.  If you haven't fished Banks much, I'd recommend back seating with someone else in the club - they'll put you on the fish! 

And that's all I know about it; as I said, I've been in the club 30 years but I worked weekends and couldn't make it.  This year I'm excited to go.  We'll need others to fill in the details.

IP Logged

StuK
WBC Member

Lund Boats

Reply #8 - 02/18/23 at 15:45:25
Quote Print Post  
I will add that the Jamboree is run by the Washington Bass Federation http://www.wabass.org/newsevents

It is held at Coulee Playland at Banks Lake near the Grand Coulee Dam. https://couleeplayland.com/

Coulee Playland is also the main campground for the event. If you want to stay there, call them and tell them you are with Western Bass Club and our Tournament Director is Carl Sabin. They will tell you that they don't have room but that they're going to organize all clubs camping together. That's how it always works.

Larry and Carl who have both posted on this thread know the most about the details so feel free to reach out to them.

LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #9 - 05/14/23 at 09:21:11
Quote Print Post  
Anyone going to the Jamboree not have camping site yet?

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo