Normal Topic What will Cast for Kids be throwing in your boat? (Read 788 times)
FishinRev
WBC Board Member

I Love WBC!

What will Cast for Kids be throwing in your boat?
09/05/22 at 15:38:18
Quote Print Post  
It's been years since I participated in Cast for Kids - so a couple of questions from an old fart with a questionable memory...

What will you specifically be fishing for?  The smaller species like  perch and rock bass?  (I assume keeping the kids getting bit is the main goal).  Other?

Will you be using live worms?  Crappie jigs?  Other? 

Will your rods be set up for small dropshot rigs?  Splitshot rigs?  Other?

Around weedlines? Depth?  Any suggestions are helpful - I want to make it as much fun as possible.  Thanks

IP Logged

5dinks
WBC Board Member

2nd place is 1st LOSER!

Re: What will Cast for Kids be throwing in your boat?
Reply #1 - 09/05/22 at 16:39:26
Quote Print Post  
Hey Rev. It's unfortunate that I can't make it this year. I haven't missed one in 5 or 6 years. There are no real expectations on what or how to catch. Most of the kids like the boat ride as much as the catching. I generally, would find a school of perch and let the kids go nuts. I've never had one go away disappointed.  Good luck Amigo. I'm glad you'll get to be there...

Sponsors:    One of the 5 original members of Team Ass Pocket, New truck, 2nd hand Triton boat (Thanks Willie at NIXONS MARINE), used truck camper with used F150 (everything is paid for), misc rods and reels, endorsed by MY WIFE and sponsored by a 9-5 job.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Re: What will Cast for Kids be throwing in your boat?
Reply #2 - 09/06/22 at 03:28:23
Quote Print Post  
I look for weedlines and set them up on Perch with 5 dropshot rigs rigged up so I can keep them fishing... as you know... find the perch... find the bass! usually end up with 10-20 fish for the kids and alot of laughs!!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo