Normal Topic Jamboree (Read 1306 times)
Elway4lyfe
WBC Board Member
WBC Member

Jamboree
03/08/22 at 14:07:31
Quote Print Post  
I’ve been going to this since I was a little kid I’m not happy with the changes they made making it a qualifying event for another function. Last year as a club decided to step away and not do this. However I was wondering if anybody wants to do it this year. I wouldn’t wanna go unless we can get 10 people at least to go and to be honest Larry and Jose’ are kind of the staples for this thing. So if either of you want to send me a message personally or post on here I’d like to get a feeling of who would like to go to this. For those who don’t know it’s basically the only tournament like this in the Country fits all of the clubs in the state versus each other in a competition but for fun. It’s been going on for decades western won it in 1985 when I was a kid and western one it a few years back. However lately they’ve changed it to be not only a fun club event but a qualifier and it’s not quite the same as it used to be in my opinion. If I could just see how many people are actually interested so I know if I need to make plans or not basically we hang out all three days for memorial day weekend it’s only $25 but it’s ran like a big-time tournament . We barbecue we have fun there’s raffles etc.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Re: Jamboree
Reply #1 - 03/09/22 at 03:01:17
Quote Print Post  
I will be going as will Noah unless there is a scheduling issue with his work.

IP Logged

Elway4lyfe
WBC Board Member
WBC Member

Reply #2 - 03/10/22 at 15:49:35
Quote Print Post  
If your going we will be going. Just made my reservations at Cooley playland. I’m going to try to get Nora out there and fish in the kids competition. Those who haven’t done it it’s a great time for bonding big tournament feel with very low-key stakes. We hang out we have fun all the clubs have certified areas where you’re allowed to stay so we’re all staying together regardless. If you need a hotel there’s a hotel right by there within two minutes come by and hang out with us the entire time. We need to get 10 guys at least Mike said he will come if we need him. I encourage everybody that wants to come out and participate let’s do this there’s probably no better bonding thing out there and it only cost $25 but again it’s just like one of the bigger time tournament feels that youll fish in. With no pressure usually around 80 boats 150 people. Different age groups men’s and ladies the whole deal

IP Logged

Elway4lyfe
WBC Board Member
WBC Member

Reply #3 - 05/08/22 at 13:19:17
Quote Print Post  
We need 10 minimum to compete as a club. We so far have;
1. Carl
2. Noah
3. Larry
4. Rocky sr

3 that might go if we are close to 10.
Mike
Beeman jr
Stu

IP Logged

Elway4lyfe
WBC Board Member
WBC Member

Reply #4 - 05/14/22 at 09:42:41
Quote Print Post  
Well after all my talk. I probably wont make it. Motorhome cant be fixed til mid june. Ive tried everwhere  Angry

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo