Normal Topic Board Members and Duties (Read 727 times)
Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Board Members and Duties
10/09/21 at 11:23:10
Quote Print Post  
Since we have some new members, I want to explain to you the responsibilities of each board member.  I think it's a good idea for each member to hold a position at some point to learn more about the club and bring new and fresh ideas to continue to grow the club.  As an incentive, if you are a board member, your $60 membership dues for the year will be waived as well. 

The President shall preside at all meetings of the club and board of directors, and shall perform such other duties as usually pertain to the office of President of similar organizations. He shall designate and appoint appropriate board positions and committees.

The Secretary shall keep a record of all meetings of the club and of the board of directors. The secretary shall collect all dues of the members and forward to the Treasurer for
deposit.

The Treasurer shall collect all funds of said and deposit in such bank as may be selected by the board of directors and shall pay such bills of the club as are approved by the board
of directors, provided however that all checks for the disbursement of funds of the club shall be signed by the President and/or Treasurer, and shall perform all such other duties as usually pertain to the office of the Treasurer.

Tournament Director is responsible for conducting the tournaments that were selected the prior year, submit selected lakes for permits for the following year and make sure all required documents are turned in fish and wildlife. 

Fish-In Director is responsible for scheduling the lakes for each month's fish-in.  The director is also responsible to attend and run these events if possible. 

Green Slip - This person is responsible for making sure that member's personal scales are calibrated, keep track of all fish submitted for green slips and calculate who had the biggest stringer of the year from March through October. 

Entertainment Director is responsible for the entertainment at each club's general meeting.  Some months we will not have entertainment (March for example since that's our swap meet month). 

Website/Social Media - This person is responsible for running and update the website and social media platforms with content and or media to keep members up to date with the club. 

If you are interested or have any questions about any of these positions, feel free to contact me and I'll be happy to answer any questions. 

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Re: Board Members and Duties
Reply #1 - 09/21/23 at 09:09:39
Quote Print Post  
Bump to the top.  This time of year.  If you're interested in becoming a board member, you can nominate yourself.

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo