Normal Topic Anyone installed after market hydraulic steering? (Read 1464 times)
Darren Thomas
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Common sense isn't so
common anymore.

Anyone installed after market hydraulic steering?
07/29/19 at 06:52:28
Quote Print Post  
I'm looking to change from cable steering to hydraulic. I have been reading about Seastar/Baystar but it seems they are not recommended for bass boats or any boat that exceeds 55mph or is considered high performance. They have a PRO kit that seems to describe use on bass boats but it is $1,200.

Anyone have recommendations? I will be installing it myself but was hoping to keep the costs down to about $600 or around that.

Thanks,
Darren

IP Logged

Elway4lyfe
WBC Board Member
WBC Member

Re: Anyone installed after market hydraulic steering?
Reply #1 - 07/29/19 at 08:25:11
Quote Print Post  
I Have not installed this but wanted to in my old ranger back in the day. I have heard its not too difficult tho. Huh

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Reply #2 - 07/29/19 at 15:55:51
Quote Print Post  
I did mine a few years ago myself.  Don't think you'll find it for $600.  I installed Uflex and it works great and was pretty easy install.  Was cheaper than Seastar.  Can't remember the exact cost.

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #3 - 07/30/19 at 08:17:55
Quote Print Post  
2005 18' Basscat, mine came stock with Seastar, must have been Great at the time. I've never even topped off the fluid, still feels great. ( maybe my tune up place does it, doubt it )  My boats been up to 74 mph and never a hiccup  Grin j/k, 65 in the winter once.  Good luck   Tongue

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo