Normal Topic Chelan and forest fires (Read 2300 times)
Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Chelan and forest fires
08/08/18 at 15:12:39
Quote Print Post  
I'm still debating on going or not.  Depends on my work load and how the month is going.  My main concern are the forest fires around the area.  Is there a plan B if the fires aren't contained by then?

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

basscat1
WBC Member

I Love BCB!

Re: Chelan and forest fires
Reply #1 - 08/08/18 at 17:32:33
Quote Print Post  
No reel back up plan, i have a guy going over there this weekend and i might go m self. Supposed to have better fire wether early next week

Wishful sponsors: BassCat Boats,Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse,Chevy Trucks, Kistler Rods, Daiwa Reels.

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Reply #2 - 08/11/18 at 17:38:52
Quote Print Post  
Fire south of the lake is only 5% contained and one up north is only 12% contained.  Hope it changes inthe next few days.

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #3 - 08/11/18 at 20:54:53
Quote Print Post  
Simms Corner Fire near Grand Coulee... Coulee City and Electric City under level 1 evacuation orders.
Banks Lake gonna look different in September...
https://www.facebook.com/283217145034403/videos/1963633853659382/

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #4 - 08/20/18 at 12:58:49
Quote Print Post  
Just a quick recap on the weekend.  The smoke was in the air when we got into town Friday afternoon.  We fished the local small lake and did pretty good, but not as well as Sr.  Saturday on Chelan was fine, smokey but not bad in my opinion.  Sunday the wind must have shifted and it got twice as smokey.  I honestly could only smell a smoke like aroma for a second the entire weekend.  The smoke was thick enough that you could stare at the sun without going blind for example, but no coughing or none of that.  Didn't even use sunscreen sunday and no signs of pink, kind of crazy. 
Just a quick recap if you're worried about coming next year.  The stories from 3 years ago sound insane, but this weekend was no sweat.
   Cool

P.S. forgot to mention it was 5 times calmer than a Normal Lake Washington weekend.  Smoke might have kept some pleasure boaters at home, especially Sunday.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo