Normal Topic Happy Thanksgiving! (Read 951 times)
DrFish
WBC Member

Thanks WBC!

Happy Thanksgiving!
11/23/17 at 10:35:37
Quote Print Post  
Dear Western Bass Brothers,

So here is the update from Jbird, aka Dr Fish.
The knee surgery 3 weeks ago was successful beyond all expectations!  I was waking without cane or walker at 2 weeks! Leg flexibility is about 2/3 goal; I'm weeks ahead of last time! I'm very grateful for the fabulous medical care that got me here!

Equally important is my sincere thanks to all my Western Bass compadres.  I sold the Ranger and am boatless at the moment.  I may fish 2018 as a backseater, but with as many great hooks there are in this club, that should be a real treat.  I'm planning to be done with my psychology work in 5-6 months, so I'd be available to help any of you prefish, for our events, or others.

Finally, mom died peacefully at home a couple weeks ago, age 89, as she wished, surrounded by her family.  She always wanted to do research at the U of Minn., and got her last wish as she donated her body to them.  Dad is coping as well as can be expected  for a 91 y.o. guy.  We'll have to see how this next chapter unfolds.

So I'll be back in WA in a few weeks.  I've always heard winter is for drinking beer and talking about fishing, so maybe we can toast the holidays together soon.

Cheers, and thanks again!!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo