Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Crankbaits (Read 10725 times)
NineFingerFury
WBC Member

Fish on!

Re: Crankbaits
Reply #15 - 01/30/17 at 09:07:33
Quote Print Post  
Darren,
That sounds like a great idea to me!

IP Logged

TimWard
WBC Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #16 - 01/30/17 at 19:00:11
Quote Print Post  
Hey folks I really like that idea.  I would like to find folks that are good at a particular technique to help me learn it and then work on learning another technique.

IP Logged

NineFingerFury
WBC Member

Fish on!

Reply #17 - 01/30/17 at 22:54:24
Quote Print Post  
So now I'm looking at a dedicated crankbait rod/reel setup. Any recommendations?

IP Logged

5dinks
WBC Board Member

2nd place is 1st LOSER!

Reply #18 - 01/31/17 at 07:55:11
Quote Print Post  
I think that's what this club is based on Smiley  Your crankbait rod should be a baitcaster (6 1/2- 7 1/2').  A good soft tip. I will say that pre-spawn with jerk baits and summer through late fall is when I will always have a crankbait rod on the deck. It's funny how Darren hit the nail on the head. If you don't have confidence, you won't do it. You will not get that confidence if you don't do it.  Some of my best days with a crankbait was because I just picked it up and tried. Use it aa a search bait when you go coasting into your new area. If you say to yourself that you will make 5 casts, and do, I bet you will stumble onto something. Smiley

Sponsors:    One of the 5 original members of Team Ass Pocket, New truck, 2nd hand Triton boat (Thanks Willie at NIXONS MARINE), used truck camper with used F150 (everything is paid for), misc rods and reels, endorsed by MY WIFE and sponsored by a 9-5 job.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo