Normal Topic Mt. St. Helens Memorial Open on Silver Lake. (Read 2469 times)
Larry S.
Board Moderator

Mt. St. Helens Memorial Open on Silver Lake.
05/15/16 at 08:26:43
Quote Print Post  
Ray Kawabata and I fished the St. Helens Memorial on Saturday the 14th. and the fishing was tough... We had 90 degree temps on Friday and Saturday morning was socked in misting rain and showers and light winds at 5-10 at times...
We flipped and pitched plastics and Senkos in and around the pads catching 12-15 Largemouth but only 4 fish would hit the scales for 10-1/2 pounds landing us in 7th place but with a field of 32 boats we ended up winning $120 and the raffle netted us a large tackle/gear pack and a Lamiglass Crankbait rod!!!!
The winners weighed 20+.
the Big Fish of the event was 6.50 pounds netting the angler $320!!!
If you have not fished this event in the past you should get on it next year... they gave away in the raffle a trip to Mexico with Tailfish International for a 4day 3night fishing trip!!!
I will post pics when they post it to they're site.
It was good seeing Don Hankinson, Henry Dover, Brian Walker, Joel Booth and Tiger Free. Oh..... if that's not enough motivation... Larry Williams boat number was drawn in a random drawing for $250 CASH!!!!

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Re: Mt. St. Helens Memorial Open on Silver Lake.
Reply #1 - 05/16/16 at 11:16:32
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for the report Larry.  I've missed too many of the Silver lake Opens.  You'll see me at at least one of them next year.  This spring has not been kind to my fishing time.  Mt St. Helen's does a great job.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo