Normal Topic RALLY FOR FISHERIES EQUALITY (Read 2050 times)
Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

RALLY FOR FISHERIES EQUALITY
05/03/16 at 22:15:19
Quote Print Post  
Attention Friends and Members! Please Share!!!

What: RALLY FOR FISHERIES EQUALITY
When: Thursday, May 5, at 11:30 AM
Where: NOAA’s Lacey office (510 Desmond Dr SE)

This year’s salmon season setting process fell apart when WDFW and the Puget Sound treaty tribes failed to reach agreement. As a result, we were told that neither group would be allowed to fish until either an agreement was in place or a federal permit was issued by NOAA. To date, neither of those have happened and yet the treaty tribes are commencing commercial gillnet fisheries that impact endangered salmon populations.

At the same time, all Puget Sound recreational salmon fisheries - including fisheries in Lake Washington and Lake Sammamish - are shut down with no sign that federal officials plan to take action. This is a slap in the face to the nearly quarter million recreational anglers who make Puget Sound sport fisheries a $100+ million industry! It is uncertain if NOAA will allow any non-tribal fisheries this year. We need you to help us put pressure on NOAA to approve non-tribal fisheries and restore balance to Puget Sound salmon management.

This is your chance to show up and let our federal fisheries managers know how you feel. We need your help to:
• Restore fairness and equality in harvest sharing – consistent with the Boldt Decision;
• Provide transparency to a broken co-management process;
• Hold our federal government accountable for properly managing our fisheries;
• Continue our role as leaders in common sense conservation of our marine resources.

Please show up and let your voice be heard! Make sure any signs or statements are positive and respectful – key messages include fairness, transparency, and cooperation – hallmarks of the rule of law and co-management.

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

Bass Slayer
WBC Member

I Love WBC!

Re: RALLY FOR FISHERIES EQUALITY
Reply #1 - 05/04/16 at 15:17:14
Quote Print Post  
Is anyone from the club going to this?  I will be going with my son Noah , I would love to meet up with any friendlies faces!

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #2 - 05/04/16 at 19:03:18
Quote Print Post  
I plan on heading down.

AIM  
IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #3 - 05/05/16 at 08:02:13
Quote Print Post  
I will not be able to make this.

AIM  
IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo