Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) New shirts (Read 15860 times)
Glenn_May
WBC Member

Re: New shirts
Reply #15 - 11/27/15 at 18:43:54
Quote Print Post  
From a simple branding perspective, I suggest going with the logo at the top of this page.  It's the first thing visitors see on the homepage as well.

If you're wearing a shirt with a different logo, then potential new members might think this website isn't the same bass club they heard about from some guy wearing a shirt with the club's logo.

It's all about marketing.  A consistent look and feel across messaging channels is marketing 101.

The people that hate you, don’t know you.  They dislike the funhouse mirror image they have of you.
IP Logged

Elway4lyfe
WBC Board Member
WBC Member

Reply #16 - 11/28/15 at 00:17:55
Quote Print Post  
That wud give that green/yellow kinda cool look and still have that authentic fish look. I'd be down for that. Kinda makes all parties happy as well. Tshirt, tournament shirt, sweatshirt, even a nice polo, id rock whatever u guys sold me.  Ties it all in and looks hip. Yet again im just a newbie and will go with whatever the club wants. Good points glenn

image_005.png ( 519 KB | 214 Downloads )
image_005.png

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #17 - 11/28/15 at 14:05:02
Quote Print Post  
Glenn_May wrote on 11/27/15 at 18:43:54:
From a simple branding perspective, I suggest going with the logo at the top of this page.  It's the first thing visitors see on the homepage as well.

If you're wearing a shirt with a different logo, then potential new members might think this website isn't the same bass club they heard about from some guy wearing a shirt with the club's logo.

It's all about marketing.  A consistent look and feel across messaging channels is marketing 101.

Glenn,  thank you for your input. Solid sound advice!  I have been watching this topic and listening to what the members want. The last time we went through this was back in 2009 or so.  I have every confidence we will come out with a few options that will be worn with pride.

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

karl7feet
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 12/17/15 at 23:33:20
Quote Print Post  
Here are some versions of some of our current and past logos that Dugan's prepared for us that we could silk screen on t-shirts or hoodies.

Tweaking the colors on these is easy to do if we want to.  The version of our current logo should have white as the background color and not yellow - see the next post for what it looks like.

I like all three of the logos and I like the current logo how it sort of looks retro and current at the same time.

Lets hear what everyone thinks about these and what they prefer.

I like all three of them and would be happy having a shirt with any of them.  I do like the new logo a little bit better, once we change the yellow to white.  I think any of these three would be cool.

What does everyone think?

IP Logged

karl7feet
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 12/17/15 at 23:35:40
Quote Print Post  
Here is our current logo with white in the background.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #20 - 12/18/15 at 05:46:22
Quote Print Post  
The one in the upper left I have not seen before... looks awesome! would want a few shirts with that one....

IP Logged

karl7feet
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 12/18/15 at 07:11:22
Quote Print Post  
Larry,

That's our current logo without all the slight variations in color on the fish and some different colors.  The silk screening process cannot capture all the different colors on the fish on our new logo, so they can only use about 5 colors or less for this.

I think it looks cool too, but I want to see how it would look with a white background instead of yellow.  See the subsequent image I posted of our current logo.  Jim will swap out the yellow and give us another version to look at soon.

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #22 - 12/18/15 at 11:57:22
Quote Print Post  
Upper left is great! Instead of a yellow or white background behind the Western Bass Club how about it being the color of the garment it is on.

AIM  
IP Logged

karl7feet
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 12/18/15 at 22:49:17
Quote Print Post  
Here is our new logo, the 75th Anniversary logo, without the 75th Anniversary banner, and with the white background.

Dugans_new_logo_white_background.JPG ( 42 KB | 169 Downloads )
Dugans_new_logo_white_background.JPG

IP Logged

Elway4lyfe
WBC Board Member
WBC Member

Reply #24 - 12/19/15 at 10:37:43
Quote Print Post  
I like the logo on the bottom. Thats just me though. I dont like "realistic" pictures of animals on shirts. Like wolves on shirts u find at gas stations. But either way id buy whatever is picked.

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #25 - 12/19/15 at 13:30:11
Quote Print Post  
I agree with Carl, the one on the bottom. It's the great design that we have on our website.

AIM  
IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #26 - 12/19/15 at 13:31:42
Quote Print Post  
What's the possibility of submitting multiple options?

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #27 - 12/19/15 at 13:52:05
Quote Print Post  
Larry S. wrote on 12/19/15 at 13:31:42:
What's the possibility of submitting multiple options?

Multiple options is what we have. Clarify your question.

AIM  
IP Logged

karl7feet
Ex Member

Reply #28 - 12/19/15 at 17:44:45
Quote Print Post  
Which logo "on the bottom"?  We currently have two designs on the website, an old and new logo.

Are you referring to the new 75th anniversary logo without the 75th Anniversary banner on it?  My 12/18 post at 22:49:17?

IP Logged

Elway4lyfe
WBC Board Member
WBC Member

Reply #29 - 12/19/15 at 21:39:30
Quote Print Post  
I like this. On a green shirt so u don't need thee green border. But usually as long as u order like 10 or 12 your good. So grey, green whatever. Even this design or the same one with the realistic fish? I'd take a handful of green tshirts with that emblem in the center. As well as a sweatshirt or another tee of another design If others wanted. Tough because only 4 or 5 of us talk on here. If it helps Once theres a price range I'll give an exact number. But probably 4-6 range.

WBClogoTitle.png ( 44 KB | 170 Downloads )
WBClogoTitle.png

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo